Are you passionate about creatively using technology? Do you want the chance to work with databases operating at 1012 scale? Our Hadoop development team is looking for a skilled developer and expert on systems level who can help build and maintain our big data architecture. We want someone who can not only use but also build a complex Hadoop cluster and data pipeline infrastructure. Interested? Apply today!
What you’ll do:
- As an expert in your field, you will design, implement and maintain data integration- and data warehouse-based solutions using Hadoop in streaming environments.
- Continuously improve our algorithms and approaches. On this note we encourage thinking outside the box and want our developers to challenge the status quo.
- Ensure the solutions being defined are reusable and follow standard design patterns and architecture principles of Hadoop.
- Collaborate with and provide technical consultation to other Software Development, Operations, Product and Business Intelligence teams to define deliverables and plans.
What you’ll need:
- Has some experience in OOP using Java and other languages.
- Has some experience setting up and running Hadoop clusters utilizing the whole Hadoop infrastructure.
- Has experience in concurrent programming and complex algorithms.
- Has experience in engineering and administrating large-scale distributed systems in production environments and is able to model complex data structures.
- Has an understanding of configuration management systems and their concepts for mass configuration. Knowledge of GNU/Linux and networking (L2/L3) would be a plus.
- Holds a university degree in Computer Science.
- Is comfortable communicating in English (our company language). German language skills would also be a plus.
- Can start as soon as possible.
Life at trivago is:
- The opportunity for self-driven individuals to have a direct impact on the business.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof is the word of truth and determines the way forward.
- The chance to develop personally and professionally due to a strong feedback culture and access to training and workshops.
- A unique culture with a strong sense of community and an agile, international work environment.
- A state-of-the-art campus that supports your health and happiness with world-class ergonomics, 30+ sports and a multi-cuisine cafeteria to satisfy your inner foodie.
- Flexibility for all employees to contribute value and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media - @lifeattrivago.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
For more information on tech at trivago, check out our tech blog and meet some of our tech talents!Link: http://company.trivago.com/careers/all-openings/