What’s on the menu?
- Analyze, understand, profile and describe structured and semi-structured data form all areas of the business.
- Identify and specify data needs and quality requirements to support modeling.
- Research, design and implement descriptive, predictive and inferential models using artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques.
- Collaborate with other data scientists, product specialists, and user experience teams to understand business processes, identify data and solution requirements.
- Guide data engineers to develop well-crafted engineering solutions and design processes to ensure their efficient operation at scale.
What do you bring to the table?
- MS in Information Technology, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related.
- Proven experience (6+ years) designing and developing artificial intelligence or machine learning applications at scale.
- Strong academic knowledge and strong hands on experience (4+ years) in data mining, applied statistics and machine learning.
- Advanced knowledge (4+ years) of SQL, and either Python or Java.
- Practical knowledge (4+ years) of machine learning and data analysis tools (pyspark, MlLib, Numpy, Scikit, Pandas).
- Experience (3+ years) in performing A/B & multivariate testing to measure impact of applied models.
- Experience (3+ years) with cloud data exploration, analysis and reporting tools (Athena, DataStudio, Looker).
- Experience (3+ years) with data visualization techniques and packages (matplotlib, d3, highcharts).
- Familiarity (3+ years) using agile project management, issue tracking tools and version control systems (Jira, Pivotal, Rally, Git).
Aptitudes for success:
- Strive in complex, fast moving environments.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to express complex business and technical cases in a clear and didactic way.
- Able to empathize with customers and understand the relationship between data and behaviors.
- Curious and eager to learn and improve.
- English is our working language, but our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe providing an incredibly diverse, international working atmosphere with cross-cultural teams.
- A modern, recently refurbished office in the heart of Berlin.
- We offer flexible working hours to fit around your personal or family life in case you have to drop off your kids at kita or perhaps you just want to come in to work a little later.
- Great career opportunities following our development career plan.
- Being part of a global family under the Delivery Hero umbrella, we can offer you the safety of a large company including a pension scheme and stability.
- Moving can be stressful so to help you settle in we provide a relocation package including visa help, temporary accommodation and a budget to applicants from abroad.
- Our building has several kitchens where you’ll find fresh fruit, cereals, juice/ drinks, tea, coffee, etc.
- On nearly every floor you’ll find a kicker or table tennis (or a lounge, and even a nap room) for when you need to take a break.
- Being a food-ordering company, in between playing and working hard, we provide a generous number of monthly vouchers to use for ordering food on our platforms when you get the munchies.
- Sprichst du kein Deutsch? No worries, we provide German classes for those expats who want to expedite their integration.
- We know that experience at the office with interesting and diverse problems, colleagues and technologies isn’t the only way to learn, so our employees get an education budget to attend conferences or trainings locally or around Europe to satisfy their pursuit of knowledge.
- Every Friday we have a team integration, when we just stop working earlier, grab a beer and relax with colleagues.
- Sometimes we just enjoy our times together with team events and company events.
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring – therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Have we caught your attention? Then please send us your application including cover letter, CV, salary expectations and earliest starting date. We’re looking forward to your application!
Are you the missing ingredient?
Read about the latest updates from our Tech & Product teams on our blog.
Find our stack here.Link: https://www.deliveryhero.com/career/