As you know, SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As THE cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries Run Simple.
We empower people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. Here, you work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’re able to build your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
As a Senior Data Scientist / Data Science Expert for the SAP Deep Learning Center of Excellence, you will work within a team of data engineers and developers solving real-world problems by building new, cloud based machine learning solutions and services. Our use cases span commerce, finance, procurement, logistics, and travel. You will work against fixed timelines and your success will be measured by the ability to deliver production-grade machine learning models reaching accuracies on par with top notch research prototypes.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Your tasks include:
- Push the frontiers of what is possible in the area of Machine Learning working with real data
- Explore, understand, and implement most recent machine learning algorithms and approaches
- Comfortably handle very large data sets in scale-up and scale-out cloud environments
- Fulfill both functional and non-functional (availability, throughput, latency) requirements
- Understand business processes which create and consume data so as to be able to select best approaches, evaluate their performance, and asses business relevance
- Create excellence both in terms of results quality and system scalability through continuous evaluation, analysis, and refinement
- Communicate the relevance of implemented systems and achieved results in a visual and consistent way
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
You are a self-starter, goal-oriented, striving for perfection engineer. As an ideal candidate, you will demonstrate a proven track record in development of large-scale machine learning pipelines and combine it with curiosity for exploring of new use cases and applications of machine learning to domains spanning processing of structured and unstructured data.
Required skills & qualifications:
- Master degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Physics or related field
- Track record of developing productive machine learning-based solutions and/or systems
- Proficiency in working with very large datasets in distributed Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with Python and Machine Learning software packages such as scikit-learn or TensorFlow
- Experience with data and error analysis and ability to present core insights in a clear and compelling way
- Team spirit and desire to overcome obstacles and make your work benefit SAP’s customers
- Excellent English language skills
At least 5 years of relevant experience in deep learning / machine learning / data science development projects with a focus on innovation.
Berlin area, Germany
0 - 30%
The position can be filled as part time position.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.Link: https://jobs.sap.com/