Delivery Hero is building the next generation global online food-delivery platform.
We’re a truly global team, working across 45 countries to ensure our customers are able to find, order and receive their favourite food in the fastest way possible. Since we started our journey in 2011, Delivery Hero has become the world’s largest food-delivery network, and we’re focused on a culture of growth, in both size and opportunities.
We are looking for Data Scientists in different entry levels to join our central Data Science team in Berlin. The mission of the department is to analyze large and complex datasets using scientific methods and translating them into meaningful data products that can be rolled out for all of our markets. As the projects are expanding, we are looking for new team members to support and own projects such as marketplace optimization, restaurant classifications, forecasting, fraud prevention, ranking algorithms, lead qualification algorithms, text and data mining as well as marketing and product related projects.
If you’re an enthusiastic, innovative problem solver, hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Own data projects from collection to operationalization.
- Build data products that improve the business and scale to multiple markets.
- Conduct descriptive and inferential statistical analyses.
- Identify new opportunities and advocate your ideas.
- Specify your data needs, so our data engineers enrich the central data solutions.
- Define and implement standard operating procedures for statistical analysis across departments.
- Work with structured and semi-structured data from different data sources (BigQuery, Redshift, Adjust, Salesforce, Google Analytics, PostgreSQL and many more).
Your heroic skills:
- You love to learn, are a critical thinker and creative problem solver who thrives for excellence.
- Experience with scientific work in your Masters or PhD in statistics, physics, economics, mathematics, data science or similar.
- Sound understanding of statistical models such as regressors, classifiers as well as hypothesis testing.
- Fluency in Python and familiarity with its scientific stack such as numpy, pandas, scikit learn, matplotlib. Alternatively, similar experience with R.
- Excel, SQL and BI tools are a plus.
- Business and e-commerce experience is a big plus for higher level entries.
- You are a team player who loves to collaborate and work with stakeholders from different backgrounds in an international environment.
- Good english communication skills.
We offer you:
- English is our working language, but our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe providing an incredibly diverse, international working atmosphere with cross-cultural teams.
- A modern, recently refurbished office in the heart of Berlin.
- We offer flexible working hours to fit around your personal or family life in case you have to drop off your kids at kita or perhaps you just want to come in to work a little later.
- Great career opportunities following our development career plan.
- Being part of a global family under the Delivery Hero umbrella, we can offer you the safety of a large company including a pension scheme and stability.
- Moving can be stressful so to help you settle in we provide a relocation package including visa help, temporary accommodation and a budget to applicants from abroad.
- Our building has several kitchens where you’ll find fresh fruit, cereals, juice/ drinks, tea, coffee, etc.
- On nearly every floor you’ll find a kicker or table tennis (or a lounge, and even a nap room) for when you need to take a break.
- Being a food-ordering company, in between playing and working hard, we provide a generous number of monthly vouchers to use for ordering food on our platforms when you get the munchies.
- Sprichst du kein Deutsch? No worries, we provide German classes for those expats who want to expedite their integration.
- We know that experience at the office with interesting and diverse problems, colleagues and technologies isn’t the only way to learn, so our employees get an education budget to attend conferences or trainings locally or around Europe to satisfy their pursuit of knowledge.
- Every Friday we have a team integration, when we just stop working earlier, grab a beer and relax with colleagues.
- Sometimes we just enjoy our times together with team events and company events.
Have we caught your attention? Then please send us your application including cover letter, CV, salary expectations and earliest starting date. We’re looking forward to your application!Link: https://www.deliveryhero.com/career/