Zalando is transforming from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into a multi-service platform for fashion. From logistics to big brands, to manufacturers - we’re building the platform that connects all people and parts of the fashion ecosystem.
Forecasting is at the core of our commercial operation. Forecasting tools help to determine how much of each product to buy, to recommend the best prices, and to ensure that we have the right level of logistics capacity to fulfil customer demand. We use cutting edge Machine Learning technology to forecast demand and pricing with a focus on business and customer experience.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you are part of a cross-functional agile team.
- You have end-to-end responsibility. You are accountable for all aspects of your work, from data analysis and research, to KPI definition, testing and deployment. You have +3 years of professional experience and you are passionate to drive and develop a great product as part of an agile team.
- You support product discovery. You are working with product management and stakeholders to define the scope of data science products. You have great communication skills to translate data science topics to business stakeholders.
- You pick the right approach for a given problem. You have a deep understanding of standard Machine Learning methods such as Generalized Linear Models, (Recurrent) Neural Networks, State Space Models (SSMs), in particular how to leverage them to handle temporal data. You’re holding a degree (PhD or M.Sc.) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other similar quantitative field.
- You know how to deal with data. You have the skills to query, analyze, and cluster data and know how to set up monitoring and data quality assurance.
- You bring machine learning systems to production. You collaborate with engineers to translate forecasting prototypes into production systems. You have experience with Python, ML-related libraries such as pandas, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, and big data frameworks such as Spark.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY
- You have impact. Your contribution to our business critical forecasting products will have a broad visibility across the company and management levels.
- You can influence. Zalando’s dynamic structures and processes give you a huge opportunity to drive ideas and influence your working environment.
- We create career opportunities. Our tech departments are ever growing, offering various career opportunities for your future, whether you want to become a Principal Data Scientist, or step into a new role.
- We support your networking. You have the opportunity to attend and speak at related conferences and meetups, and encouragement to publish your work (open source commitment), we host game nights, +100 internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coderdojos, Hack weeks, parties and events.
- The Benefits. Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks and fruits, hardware of your choice.
WANT TO JOIN US? THEN GO AHEAD AND APPLY!
Please make sure your application is written in English. If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact our recruiter Almog Greenberg.Link: https://jobs.zalando.com/