ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Supply & Demand
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Team Size: <8
Location: Berlin, GermanyPricing & Forecasting is at the core of our commercial operation. Our tools help to determine how much of each product to buy, to recommend the best prices for these products, and to ensure that we have the right level of logistics capacity to fulfill our customers demand. The Pricing and Forecasting team uses cutting edge technology, data science and machine learning to forecast demand and pricing with a focus on business and customer experience. Partnerships happen with the machine learning research team, all key engineering and product teams, business and customer experience teams.
As a Senior Data Scientist working on Dynamic Pricing topics in the Pricing & Forecasting team, you will analyse our inventory and our customers’ recent orders in order to model future shopping behaviour and find out what our customers are willing to pay in real-time. You will help us set prices which reflect our current product offering, enabling us to protect our revenues by making smarter pricing decisions. Your work will be of great business influence, linearly linked to the bottom-line results of Zalando.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Help us take control of Pricing to ensure a competitive market position and maximum growth for our company
- Build Machine Learning models that control the prices for more than 300,000 items we sell online across different markets
- Query, analyse and facilitate data, setting up monitoring and data quality assurance
- Collaborate with engineers to translate Machine Learning prototypes into production systems
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent educational background (minimum M.Sc) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other similar quantitative field
- Solid industry experience with Python, Machine Learning related libraries such as pandas, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, and big data frameworks such as Spark
- Foundational understanding of statistics and machine learning from simple regressions to neural networks ( LSTM, Transformers), with an understanding of using right approaches.
- Practical/real world experiences within Dynamic Pricing, Perishable Inventory, Supply Chain/Logistics, Retail or the Airline/Aviation industry would be desirable.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.Link: https://jobs.zalando.com/