Take part in the digitalization of well-known brands.
Webtrekk is a customer intelligence platform that allows you to connect, analyze and activate your user and marketing data across all devices. Founded in 2004, Webtrekk is driving innovation in high-end Digital Analytics and today has more than 150 employees in 5 locations around the world to set new benchmarks in Digital Marketing. Our powerful high-traffic platform is designed to process more than 300 terabyte raw data and up to 60k requests/sec. In this position, you will strengthen our DevOps and IT-Operations teams and be responsible for designing our database architecture.
- You will work closely together with our software architects and drive all database decisions
- You will define database configurations in order to reduce response times, data duplications and to integrate consistent systems; you will validate the quality of your concepts with tests
- You will introduce new database technologies and analyze, update as well as optimize our existing databases regarding scalability, performance and cost efficiency
- You will be responsible for the smooth operation of our productive and test databases, including the deletion and archiving of data
The assets you bring to the team:
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience with SQL databases, preferably MySQL (alternatively: EXASOL, MariaDB, MySQL)
- Strong grasp of NoSQL systems, like Cassandra, MongoDB, ElasticSearch or Couchbase
- Expertise in performance tuning
- Experience in distributed location-independent systems
- Practical development experience which enables you to understand code and development processes
- Strong interest in DevOps automation technology (Puppet, Ansible, Docker, etc.) as well as in bleeding-edge technology and well-proven architectures
- Analytical skills that enable you to understand concepts and problems quickly
- SQL is your mother tongue, but you also speak English and/or German fluently