SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As the cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. You’ll work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’ll be able to get more out of your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
Now it’s your turn to take the next step and help make the world Run Simple.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP Innovation Center Network is a strategic innovation entity within SAP, combining software engineering excellence with thought leadership and entrepreneurial spirit. Across various focus clusters and by building on strong teams, we pioneer game-changing solutions in close collaboration with startups, customers & partners in industry and research as well as with other SAP units. To ensure a successful go-to-market, we follow an end-to-end responsibility approach. By exploring unconventional ideas and developing inspiring proofs of concepts, we push the state-of-the-art in computer science and its applied fields to provide SAP with foresight into future trends.
As a (Senior) Machine Learning Developer, you will work with an expert team in a startup-like environment focusing on building of new, cloud-based solutions as part of the SAP Leonardo Machine Learning portfolio. Your primary goal will be to build from ground up end to end machine learning solution. You are a self-starter, lean startup-minded, and born for life in fast paced environments. As an ideal candidate, you have built cloud-based data processing systems which scale vertically and horizontally to support millions of transactions per second. You will have the chance to work in a free-thinking environment with a single purpose – to delight and amaze our users.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As part of the SAP Innovation Center Network team, you will help us research and create applications that empower businesses. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, communicating and collaborating with designers, software engineers, and product managers, as well as our partners and customers.
- Work through user given problems from beginning to end: translating research insight into adequate concepts for SAP’s customers.
- Model complex sets of data in ways that are easy to comprehend: Create information & software architecture, interaction models, screens designs and fine grained details of user & software interactions.
- Own the success or failure of your work and collaborate with other designers, developers, and customers on the feasibility of ideas.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to test viability and how interactions feel.
- Develop the proposed solution end to end with the team
- Work together with customers & stakeholders to determine solution ideas and to validate the proposed solution
- Desirability of your solutions and appealing end-user UIs are core driving principals for everything you develop
- Immerse yourself quickly into new topics, terminology and end user tasks.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Master or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or related field
- Track record of developing novel machine and deep learning algorithms and systems. Motivation to keep up to date with latest research.
- Proficiency in handling of multi-terabyte datasets in distributed Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with Machine / Deep Learning software packages such as Caffe/Torch/Theano/TensorFlow
- Experience in data analysis to get tangible information form the data. Ability to visualize data and present core insights in a clear and compelling way.
- Strong desire to overcome obstacles and make your work benefit SAP’s customers
- Excellent English language skills
- Track record of prior work experience or internships in the area of software engineering or data sciences.
- Knowledge in the area of ERP and business applications
- Self starter and team player who can deeply collaborate with team members and stakeholders
2+ years of academic of practical experience in deep learning / machine learning / data sciences with a focus on innovation
0 - 10%
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.Link: https://jobs.sap.com/