Requisition ID: 154652
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAPs vision is to help the world run better and improve peoples lives.
As the cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. Youll work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, youll be able to get more out of your career. Its no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
Now its your turn to take the next step and help make the world Run Simple.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
As a (Senior) Machine Learning Engineer, you will work in an international, small, and co-located team in Berlin taking on challenges posed by the SAP customers. You will have the chance to work with the richest data sets available in the world with the goal of building new cloud-based products for SAP. To that end you will implement state of the art algorithms and develop new approaches and technologies for deriving value from our customers’ data.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As part of the SAP Machine Learning team, you will work together with researchers, developers, and architects with a single goal of building best machine learning pipelines for processing of unstructured text and image data. You will work against fixed timelines and your success will be measured by the ability to deliver production quality solutions. Your tasks include:
- Exploring, understanding, and implementing data processing and machine learning pipelines using state of the art tools and frameworks
- Assessing and improving the precision, performance, and scalability of data processing and machine learning pipelines
- Ensuring and sustaining production quality through continuous deployment, evaluation, and refinement
- Communicating the relevance of implemented systems and achieved results in a visual and consistent way
- Work in an agile environment building a new SaaS product from the ground up
- Make strategic decisions with freedom to choose the best tool for the job
- End-to-end, co-located team of ten located in the center of Berlin
- Great salary and benefits
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
You are a self-starter, goal-oriented, developer who enjoys working with data. You are willing to explore new data processing and machine learning approaches. You have experience working with production systems and production code.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- University courses in Machine Learning or equivalent training
- Experience developing data processing and machine learning pipelines in Python using scikit-learn or deep learning toolkits
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable, production grade code components
- Excellent written and communication skills in English
- Experience using TensorFlow
- Knowledge in Information Retrieval (general methodologies and retrieval systems such as Elastic Search)
- At least 2 years of experience building Machine Learning-based products
- At least 2 years of experience in Python development
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical, sensory and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us at Careers.Germany@sap.com. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.