SimScale is an engineering simulation platform that is revolutionizing the way engineers, designers, scientists, and architects design products. The SimScale platform is accessible completely via a web browser, with an easy-to-use interface which supports numerous simulation types including Structural Mechanics, Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics.
By harnessing the power of the cloud for simulation, SimScale eliminates the hurdles that accompany traditional simulation tools: high installation costs, licensing fees, deployment of high-performance computing hardware, mandatory updates and maintenance. Users always have the latest version of SimScale.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer (m/f/d), your mission will be to give new energy to the machine learning efforts of our Engineering team. Engineering simulation is a mature industry that is now being transformed (as many others) by machine learning. SimScale, being the biggest cloud-based simulation platform is exceptionally positioned to achieve that transformation. Reporting directly to the VP of Engineering, you will be the main responsible for finding (and executing) opportunities in the Engineering Simulation world in which data analysis and machine learning can benefit our customers.
What we expect from you
- A PhD or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- 4+ years of experience in statistical and mathematical modeling such as supervised and unsupervised machine learning, deep learning, and/or reinforcement learning in a professional setting
- 7+ years of experience in either machine learning or general software development
- A proven track record in deploying, monitoring and maintaining models in production
- You are familiar with concepts related to testing and maintaining models in production such as A/B testing, retraining, monitoring model performance
- While you understand how algorithms work and the mathematics behind; you are also a practical engineer, who will mostly use existing building blocks for maximum development efficiency, maintainability and business impact
- Knowledge of Python and its ecosystem of data-handling libraries, such as Numpy, scikit-learn, and Pandas
- Experience with other general purpose programming languages aside from Python, like Java, Go or Typescript
- C1+ English skills
- Experience developing products in the cloud and an understanding of frameworks like PyTorch, TensorFlow, or Keras (why and how these frameworks do what they do) are a plus
What you can expect from us
- An international and enthusiastic team with high technical expertise, dedication, and the opportunity to learn within your field
- Goal-oriented, self-responsible tasks and projects that leave space for creativity and offer the chance to learn a lot in a short time
- Flexible working hours and mobile working practices
- The chance to provide thousands of engineers with the next generation of simulation technology that helps them be better at what they do best: designing the products of tomorrow
- The chance to be part of an interdisciplinary agile team, and learn about cloud solutions
Are you looking for a job as a “Senior Machine Learning Engineer (m/f/d)”, where you’ll be able to significantly contribute to the development of our simulation software and grow with a team of experts around you? Then we look forward to receiving your informative application and covering letter via our online application system.Link: https://www.simscale.com/jobs/