As a software engineer at TrustYou, you will be part of an international, talented and motivated team that uses their combined knowledge to build the TrustYou MetaReview. You are the perfect candidate if you enjoy researching, prototyping and fine-tuning algorithms to solve novel problems. Our engineers are willing to walk the extra mile to make sure our solution is not only good, but great and beneficial for millions of travelers. You will systematically look for weaknesses and areas for improvement in our approaches, and will be motivated by them to maintain our existing solutions and create even better ones. TrustYou runs on Python. We employ both linguists and machine learning experts, who collaborate to build the best product possible. Our solutions need to scale to process all hotel reviews on the Internet. New projects are written in Apache Spark, while we also maintain a codebase of MapReduce jobs.
What challenges await you?
- Being a member of the MetaReview, you will be working in a cross-disciplinary delivery team focused on one of many core data products.
- Gather and process raw data at scale using frameworks such as Hadoop MapReduce and Spark.
- Maintain and write new data processing pipelines handling hundreds of GB of data.
- Optimize and improve existing features and data processes for performance and stability.
- Productize algorithms built by Data Scientists following engineering best practices so as to make them scalable and efficient
What do we expect from you?
- Good level of experience building data-intensive applications.
- Very strong programming and architectural experience, ideally in Python or other scripting languages, but we are open to other experience if you would like to become a Python expert.
- You find creative solutions to tough problems. You are not only a great developer, you are also an architect who is not afraid to pave the way for bigger and better things.
- The ability to learn and adapt fast to new technology stacks. You know or are not afraid of releasing to production and take ownership of the full life-cycle of your applications.
- You like to collaborate, help and mentor other developers.
- You are a self-organized person. Good time-management and personal organizational skills are essential.
Nice to Have
- Expert-level knowledge in Python. Experience in frameworks such as Pandas, Scikit-learn, Scipy, Luigi.
- Comfortable with the Linux command line and scripting.
- Experience with relational (PostgreSQL) or non-relational databases (MongoDB).Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Hive, Impala, HBase, Pig, Redshift, Kafka)
- Experience building scalable REST-APIs using Python or similar technologies.
- Experience with Data Mining, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing or Information Retrieval is a plus.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban or XP
- Experience maintaining and refactoring legacy applications
- Experience with agile development practices such as CI, CD, TDD, pair programming, code reviews, etc.
- Business-oriented. You acknowledge software is not the end but a means to achieve business value ( knowing also that quality code matters )
What do we offer?
- A highly international & entrepreneurial environment (e.g. flat hierarchies, short decision paths, open feedback culture)
- Spend up to 5% of your working time for your professional & personal development
- Social benefits, e.g.: child care support, company pension scheme
- Flexible working hours and home office options
- Excellent on-boarding programs
- Relocation support
- Lunch catering