As Zalando transforms from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into a multi-service platform for fashion, this is an exciting time to join us. As [insert job title], you’re part of a high performing team, building technologies that connect every part of the fashion industry.
We live Radical Agility, a methodology built on trust and backed by an architecture that lets us move fast while keeping complexity low. Open Source and InnerSource development is integral to our engineering practices and culture, supported at every level.
When you can tackle new challenges and take ownership of your work, the opportunities to make a personal impact are limitless, and there’s always more to play for.
At Zalando Media Solutions we create meaningful connections between brands and consumers through a deep understanding of their personalities. We are working with brands, agencies and publishers from the fashion world and beyond to produce innovative, impactful campaigns that reach the right audience at the right moment. Thanks to its holistic mix of cutting-edge and privacy compliant technology, in-depth audience insights, expansive reach and compelling content, brands produce successful campaigns across multiple digital marketing channels.
As a Senior Software Engineer in ETL/DWH, you will design, develop and maintain our state-of-the-art advertisement platform that works at scale. You will collaborate with Engineering Leads, Engineers, Scientists, Product Managers and other teams in Zalando. You will pioneer data/evidence driven content optimization at Europe’s largest fashion online retailer.
You will also act as a mentor to junior team members, and take initiative in improving our Engineering and Operation practices. You will champion technical excellence and operational excellence.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You are an expert with minimum 3 years experience in large scale data processing systems, preferably based on open-source systems
- Solid software development skills in Java. Python/Scala and Unix shell scripting skills will be a big plus
- A passion for designing and operating reliable infrastructure
- Experience/Expertise in distributed (real-time) processing frameworks (Spark, Hadoop, Presto, Storm, Flink, Heron etc.), infrastructure frameworks (Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, AWS) is a strong plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse teams
- English language fluency
- Gain a deep understanding of our business model, data processing and DWH infrastructure
- Implement data pipelines and infrastructure that drives Zalando’s advertisement platform
- Design ETL processes, refine (real-time) DWH architectures, build APIs, reports and visualizations
- Maintain, optimize and extend our data operations and specifically our warehouse infrastructure using various data processing technologies like MPP databases, distributed processing frameworks, stream processing frameworks
- Understand and communicate effectively with internal business customers, partners, and stakeholders
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Community. Tech culture of trust and empowerment, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, +100 internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coderdojos, Hack weeks, parties and events.
Perks. Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks and fruits, hardware of your choice.
Development. Tour of Mastery, extensive onboarding, personal branding support, opportunity to attend and speak at data science conferences and Meetups, and encouragement to publish your work.
Work Environment. Self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours. Zalando Media Solution Hamburg retains a strong start-up culture, and therefore you can expect that your work will have immediate impact and you will participate in developing significant improvements.
Scale. Unparalleled levels of data and opportunities.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!
Please make sure your application is written in English. If you have any questions about our recruiting and hiring processes, or If you are not sure whether your qualifications and work experience is suffice, please contact your recruiter: Steffen VolkLink: https://jobs.zalando.com/