Delivery Hero is building the next generation global online food-ordering platform. Our awesome international team already operates in over 40 countries worldwide to ensure hungry customers get to their favorite takeaway food the fastest way possible. The company has grown from its inception in 2011 to become the world’s largest food-ordering network. This is an exciting time for Delivery Hero with a huge and rapid amount of growth in countries, market size and opportunities. Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, innovative and good at “getting things done.” You will play an active role in our future - an exciting job and a workplace in the heart of Berlin is waiting for you!
You will join a brand new Team, which will be responsible for near real-time data platform for global service integration and machine learning applications. We will start integrating a lot of data from all our global operations. If you look for meaningful challenges and you want to experience growth of the team and learn new approaches, feel more than welcome to join us.
- Provide technical leadership, direction and mentoring to a newly formed development team.
- Form the nucleus of a new Berlin Central development team.
- Work directly with the Director Engineering on realizing a new core service.
- Communicate with colleagues across all departments to refine the product vision.
- Apply exceptional design and development skills to build products our customers love.
- Learn and teach new technologies, ideas, idioms, and solutions.
- Help define team development and engineering best practices.
- Lead the team’s implementation of best practices.
- Focus on simplicity to solve complicated problems.
Your heroic skills:
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Strong Web application architecture and design skills.
- Fast, clean, efficient code implementation.
- In depth knowledge of one or more programming languages (Go, Java, Python, Scala, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing and scaling high-volume Web applications on various platforms.
- Proficiency on the underlying platforms. Understanding of platform-specifics.
- Leadership and mentorship of other developers.
- Team orientation; ability to participate in lively engineering debate, making a strong case for well-considered opinions, while listening to, appreciating and critiquing the opinions of peers.
- Ability to analyze and improve the scalability and performance of high-volume Web applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer empathy and customer experience sensitivity.
- Strong desire to deep-dive into various business domains.
- Must be highly self-motivated, ambitious, flexible, and self-sufficient.
- Experience with Machine Learning, Information Visualization, Business Intelligence, Distributed Systems or Instrumentation and Telemetry as a plus.
We offer you:
- International working atmosphere and cross-cultural teams.
- Goal oriented environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- Great career opportunities.
- Safety of a large company: pension scheme and stability.
- Nice work environment and English as working language.
- For applicants from abroad: relocation package and German lessons.
Have we caught your attention? Then please send us your application including cover letter, CV, salary expectations and earliest starting date. We’re looking forward to your application!Link: https://www.deliveryhero.com/career/