(Senior) Software Engineer – Data Products
With 1.6 million vehicles and 7.29 million unique users per month, mobile.de is Germany’s biggest vehicle marketplace online.
The mobile.de GmbH employs 300 coworkers, including 120 engineers. The company is located in Kleinmachnow-Dreilinden closed to Berlin-Wannsee and near Potsdam. It is a part of the eBay Classifieds Group.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a new, innovative product and we are looking for you as a (Senior) Software Engineer - Data Products (f/m).
This role sits within the Data- and Tech- organization and directly partners with Data Scientists and Product Managers to help create valuable products for our users.
We’re looking for a highly skilled engineer, who is passionate about turning data into valuable product for our customers.
- Successfully partner with Data Scientists to build advanced services and architecture to provide scalable data products for a high-traffic web platform
- Successfully partner with system operators to design data generation and provisioning architectures.
- Design scalable architectures for real-time and batch data processing
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Help to build a healthy, sustainable and scalable data infrastructure
What we expect from you:
- Solid experience as a Scala (and preferably Java) developer with deep understanding of the surrounding technology ecosystem
- Strong analytical skills and ability to produce clean, well-maintainable code
- Experience with building microservices and/or distributed systems and an understanding of web tech
- Experience with Big Data related technologies (e.g. Elastic Search, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop), with NoSQL databases (e.g. Mongo, Cassandra) and SQL databases
- Knowledge of streaming architecture is a big plus
- Ideally you are interested in machine learning algorithms, data structures and related libraries
- Desire to quickly learn new technologies and the pragmatism to use the tool that fits a problem best
- Able to work self-driven, but also operate as part of a strong, cohesive team
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English
You have a degree in Computer Sciences or comparable topic.
What you can expect from us:
- A harmonious, informal, international and playful work environment;
- Work with cool modern technologies, processes and consumer facing products;
- Access to tools and resources to do your job;
- Ability to join multiple internal interest groups in eBay in trending topics like Data Science, Mobile Development, Customer Experience and more.
What we offer:
- Dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- Work with advanced techniques and analytical standards.
- We are early adopter of new analytical trends
- We offer continuous development through active trainings and workshops & conferences.
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- Home office possibilities
- Home office and working in our Motor-Talk office located in Berlin-Friedrichshain are possible depending on schedule
- A great campus with fitness center (yoga, Pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany