Who we are:
The Ticker Plant is the beating heart of our market data infrastructure that pumps more than 100 billion discrete events to downstream applications and users every single day. Ticker Plant’s mission is to aggregate, enrich and disseminate real time market data ranging from niche hand-priced venues to the trading centres of the global financial system. We make all this accessible with the stroke of a key via the user-facing Bloomberg Terminal as well as programmatically through our range of Enterprise solutions that form the backbone of today’s financial institutions.
If Ticker Plant is the heart of market data infrastructure, Market Data Distribution (MDD) is its circulatory system. Within Ticker Plant, the MDD team is responsible for the coordinated movement of the ticks that describe those 100 billion+ discrete events. Whether for inbound or outbound data, our challenges are largely the same: to provide a platform that can ingest and redistribute data reliably (without loss), resiliently (fault-tolerant), at scale (hundreds of hosts, billions of ticks), globally and regionally, and all in real-time with minimal latency.
Our team is organized into several parts corresponding to some of the different challenges and implementations for inbound versus outbound data. Each team possesses a mastery of a specific part of the distribution infrastructure but as a group we converge on common goals, principles, and practices. Following a successful effort to align the subteams the Market Data Distribution group is now tasked with a multi-year large-scale project to consolidate the existing distribution implementations into a single distribution platform.
As a Software Engineer with Market Data Distribution, you will:
- Join a global group in the early stages of a major multi-year system re-architecture
- Take responsibility for the full SDLC, from understanding the needs of the business to coding, deployment and maintenance
- Build out one of the largest market data distribution infrastructure networks in the industry
- Work on mission critical infrastructure
- Design robust, maintainable, high-performance code with unit tests in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Closely work with a group of highly motivated, intelligent, and focused engineers
You’ll need to have:
- An deep understanding of Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- The ability to use abstractions
- Experience working with the sockets, operating-system-level memory management, and other systems concepts
- 3+ years experience programming in C++
- Experience with object-oriented programming and using STL containers with STL algorithms
- The ability to manage and aggressively push projects
We’d love to see:
- Linux/UNIX experience
- A deep desire to learn and understand software infrastructure
- Familiarity with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Familiarity with design patterns
- Experience with C++ template programming
- Experience with Python
- Knowledge of financial markets
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.Link: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/global-roles/