Join our team
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
Our ITDM Group is looking for a
Software developer for scientific data management (f/m/d)
- develop and support the data acquisition and data processing systems
- review current requirements for data management with the focus on online and near online data analysis
- together with the chief architect, take a key role in the designing, prototyping, and evaluation of the scientific data acquisition and analysis pipeline systems.
- work in cross-disciplinary teams and collaborate closely with instrument and data scientists.
- produce and maintain high-quality technical documentation
- master degree in Computer Science or Physics or equivalent qualification
- in depth knowledge of and experience with C++ programming
- experience with software development and optimization techniques in distributed computing
- experience with data streaming and analysis pipeline
- familiarity with common debugging, profiling, and performance tuning tools
- experience with version control systems (e.g. Git) and linux environment
- strong communication and collaboration skills
For additional information, please contact Krzysztof Wrona (email@example.com) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multi-cultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
The appointment is limited to three years.
10 January 2021
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your work certificates in one single pdf-file.Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.Link: https://www.xfel.eu/careers/open_positions/index_eng.html