We are Visual Meta, a successful and steadily growing web company, founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from a great office in central Berlin, we run 14 online shopping portals worldwide under the brands LadenZeile, ShopAlike and UmSóLugar. We offer the professionalism of a big player and the company culture of a startup.
During the last years, we have been building a strong, international team. We deal with modern web technologies, large databases, millions of images, data mining and analysis, search technologies and machine learning. We code stuff that matters and reaches millions of people. We believe in lean and agile software engineering. Our technology stack is Java, MySQL, Hadoop, HBase, Spring, IntelliJ/Eclipse, Elasticsearch and Tomcat (JSP).
Your mission at Visual Meta? As a Software Engineer you will be part of our data warehouse engineering team consisting of four engineers. This team works closely alongside a product owner and our BI and Marketing teams. The data warehouse team is responsible for the maintenance and improvement of more than 80 data sources. Within this role you will have the opportunity to work with large web scale data sets and apply your data engineering skills to challenging online marketing problems.
- You design data models for complex analytics and data pipelines for ETL processes
- You contribute to the development of our exciting in-house big data warehouse solution
- You develop and maintain software to integrate with external partner APIs to optimize online marketing campaigns
- You build RESTful microservice APIs to enable other Engineering teams to build data-driven features
- You work closely with our Business Intelligence team to deliver timely and accurate KPI reporting to the wider business
- You possess a university degree in a relevant academic discipline (e.g. computer science, mathematics, etc.) or equivalent professional experiences
- You gained 2+ years of experience working as a software engineer on distributed data warehouses
- You have knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases and ETL processes as applied to web scale data
- You are an expert with big data tools such as Hadoop, Impala, etc.
- You bring a good knowledge of building RESTful microservice APIs
- You are proficiency in the Java programming language and Spring framework
- You have excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
- We design code that matters - be part of our agile environment (Scrum), work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. hackathons)
- We love diversity - our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority - profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility - with us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you - benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together - join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability. As your responsible recruiter, Josephine Hauch will be your point of contact.Link: https://visualmeta-jobs.personio.de