Contiamo is a Berlin-based, fast-growing B2B tech company with the vision to help enterprises make better decisions – from C-level strategy to micro-decisions at the frontline. We’ve been named Germany’s second fastest growing tech company last year and want to continue growing internationally now.
Contiamo is a data virtualization platform that enables enterprises to radically accelerate data access. Data is logically integrated from underlying data sources without being moved or replicated — the platform only stores the information on how to access and interpret the integrated data. This makes experimentation in data projects much cheaper, making data virtualization the ideal solution for pilots where the data model is still in flux and fast iteration is imperative. It also ensures that data is always as near-real-time as possible — providing the ideal access layer for operational and analytical use cases that require fresh data.
As a Contiamo Solution Architect, your mission is to do what it takes to help our customers rapidly obtain value from the Contiamo platform. This includes consulting the customer on how Contiamo fits into his current data infrastructure before the sale, as well as hands-on work after the sale to install, size, and tune the software, work with customer’s IT and Data Engineers to connect Contiamo to customers’ data sources, create custom integrations and product extensions when needed, and perform training to Customers’ IT, data engineers, data scientists, and end users on how to best use Contiamo for their unique workflows.
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Sciences, Statistics, or Mathematics (or equivalent work experience)
- Extraordinary ability to take on open-ended problems in unstructured environments
- In-depth, current, hands-on knowlege of SQL, particularly advanced SQL techniques used in analytic contexts
- Good understanding of enterprise IT architectures and corporate data strategies and solutions. Fluent with data types and formats, data access and delivery modes, data and metadata management, web and cloud-based integration technologies, big data solutions, IT infrastructure deployment models, and enterprise-class architectural topics like performance, scalability, security and governance
- Experience with ETL concepts, techniques, pipelines, tools, challenges
- Knowledge of performance techniques for accellerating data access (OLAP, materialized views)
- Hive / Imapala / Spark / etc
- Kubernetes / AKS / EKS
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to present on technical topics to various levels within the enterprise
- Fluent English and German
- Ability to travel (up to 75%) per business needs
- We value people with a fresh mind, ambition to do things differently and willingness to experiment. We value team members who aren’t satisfied with “what” because they know “why” is the juicier question.
- We value the desire to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details of the data because that’s the core of our work. And we value low ego because the outcome matters more than who gets the credit.
- We don’t see people as “resources” and genuinely care for each other. We also understand that there needs to be more than just fancy perks and cool events to gain people’s satisfaction and engagement.
- We continuously work towards an environment providing a lot of autonomy, transparency and development opportunities and rely on everybody’s feedback to hold us accountable for maintaining our high standards.
- We believe the ability to give and get constructive feedback and express divergent ideas is crucial to make innovation come to life. We have a very open discussion culture and prefer the evaluation of ideas based on merit over top-down decision making.
- We have a growth mindset, a strong bias for action and an inherent urge to challenge the status quo. We set the bar high and are ready to go far to make an impact.
- We believe that everybody should be able to find meaning in their work. We match assignments based on both ability and individual interests and discuss your progress and individual needs every three months.
What else do we offer?
- A great team of ambitious and fun loving people.
- A cozy office in the heart of Berlin Mitte close to Hackescher Markt with all the equipment you need for your job, a well stocked kitchen and a weekly team lunch.
- A paid public transportation pass.
- The opportunity to work flexible hours and from home, if needed. You can’t work full-time? We will find a solution!
- Education budget: We want our people to learn and develop so we will invest into you and your education.
We respect our applicants and their time – you can expect to hear from us within 48 hours.Link: https://www.contiamo.com/careers/