data Artisans is currently building a new team of Solution Architects in Europe and the US. You’ll be part of a new and fast-growing team helping customers having a great experience using our products and Apache Flink. The role will sit at the forefront of one of the most significant paradigm shifts in information processing and real-time architectures in recent history - stream processing - which sets the foundation to transform companies and industries for the on-demand services era.
You will work with engineering teams inside of our customers to build the best possible stream processing architecture for their use cases. This includes reviewing their architecture, giving guidance on how they design their Flink applications, and helping them take their first steps with our products.
Some of the customer engagements will be carried out remotely via phone and screen share, but the position also includes traveling to customers to help them onsite.
And when you’re not working with our customers, there are plenty of opportunities at data Artisans to learn more about Flink, contribute to the products and open source projects, and help evangelizing Apache Flink to users around the world.
What you’ll do all day:
- Use your experience to solve challenging data engineering and stream processing problems for our customers
- Meet with customers, understand their requirements, and help guide them towards best-of-breed architectures
- Provide guidance and coding assistance during the implementation phase and make sure projects end in successful production deployments
- Become an Apache Flink and stream processing expert
You will love this job if you …
- … are experienced in building and operating solutions using distributed data processing systems on large scale production environments (e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Flink, Spark)
- … are fluent in Java and/or Scala
- … love to spend the whole day talking about Big Data technologies
- … have great English skills and like talking to customers
- … like traveling around the Europe/USA and visiting new places
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Tech gear of your choice
- International team environment (10 nationalities so far)
- Flexible working arrangements (home office, flexible working hours)
- Unlimited vacation policy, so take time off when you need it
- Spacious office space in the Kreuzberg district of Berlin
- Snacks, coffee and beverages in the office
- Relocation assistance if needed
- Hackathons and weekly technical Lunch Talks to keep your head full of inspirations and ideas!