HERE enables people, enterprises and cities around the world to harness the power of location and create innovative solutions that make our lives safer and more efficient. We transform information from devices, vehicles, infrastructure and other sources into real-time location services that play a key role in how we move, live and interact with one another.
Maps remain at the heart of the HERE mission. But what we are building today is, of course, very different from our earliest maps. We’ve evolved from static visualizations to cloud-enabled, live representations of a world in constant motion. With the backing of leading automotive companies, we are ready to deliver the next generation of mobility and location-based services for companies big and small.
HERE is packed with smart people from around the world. Our offices foster an open environment where good ideas are encouraged and embraced. There’s also plenty of flexibility within the company, and options for achieving an ideal work/life balance and various other extras on offer.
This role will be responsible for Data Science for the IoT business group which includes services with focus on large enterprises, fleet, telematics, positioning, tracking, infrastructure & public sector horizontal and vertical solutions.
* Tap into internal existing data sources, start data collection for new data not yet materialized or not yet defined. Moreover, extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
* Build and test analytic and statistical models to support improvement of a wide variety of data-driven processes for our existing and new IoT solutions
* Capability to effectively interact with both internal and external customer executives, technical and non-technical to explain uses and value of data sciences.
* Train other teams within the organization on statistical thinking and ML methods.
* 5+ years relevant experience
* Bachelor degree in a relevant field required, Master degree is a plus
* Knowledge and experience in tool such as R, Matlab, Python or SAS, for statistical analysis and modeling
* Experience with machine learning solutions
* Proven ability to quickly prototype in languages like Python, C++, Java, and Scala
* Ability to design efficient algorithms for accessing and analyzing large amounts of data
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English