HERE is a leader in navigation, mapping and location experiences. We combine highly accurate and fresh maps with cloud technology to enable rich, real-time location experiences in a broad range of connected devices from smartphones and tablets to wearables and vehicles. To learn more about HERE, including our work in the areas of connected and autonomous driving, visit http://360.here.com
The Client Data Service team aims to provide HERE customers the most relevant and the most up-to-date maps. The team builds and operates an elaborate system to process, deliver and cater map data over a massive scale to millions of client devices.
To accelerate the pace of feeding the data needs of our ever growing customer base, we are continuously improving our system with new concepts, technologies and ways-of-working. We are looking out for people who are passionate about building complex end-to-end systems at our office in Berlin.
As a HERE employee, you get…
* An opportunity to work in a world class environment that is fierce on innovation but also encourages a healthy work-life balance
* Be a part of a high energy, motivated team that creates innovative products while still not missing out on fun
* Be part of a map story that helps millions of users everyday find their way
* An opportunity to shape the way people commute or travel in the future
* An opportunity to learn new technologies and bring them onboard to make better products
* To work with industry-recognized domain experts
* A chance to be a part of product story that you will be proud of
As a Sr Software Engineer in Map Data Delivery team, you will be responsible for the product development of a cross-platform data management solution for clients like cars, mobiles and other smart devices.
* Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or similar.
* Proven proficiency in C++, OO design in C++ and STL
* Knowledge about algorithms, data structures and API design experience
* Passionate about programming; strong focus on performance aspects, willingness to question existing architectures/infrastructure
* Experienced in overall software engineering process, i.e. analysis, implementation, test and documentation
* Readiness for technical challenges and excellent analytical skills
* Self-motivated, well-organized, details-oriented and a strong team player
* Very good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
It would be great if you had…
* Familiarity with Location Based Applications and paradigms
* Experience in C++ 11/ C++14 would be great advantage.
* Mobile/embedded development experience
* Participation in Open Source projects and communities
* Experience in Test-Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD)