BMW Car IT GmbH offers an exciting opportunity for a Systems and Data Engineer (f/m) in our data intensive software and analytics (DISA) team in Munich. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BMW AG, BMW Car IT GmbH is an essential cornerstone that ensures the company’s transformation in the next 100 years with software playing a decisive role.
As Systems and Data Engineer (f/m) you support our DISA team in research and pre-development in the field of scalable systems and data science. Your core responsibility is to help us to develop concepts and prototypes for systems and solutions over the full stack of technologies ranging from development operations and systems engineering up to data analytics and machine learning. You help us to find optimal solutions for the data-intensive applications in our products, services, and data-driven in-house processes. You work in close collaboration with internal customers and partners across all the units of the BMW Group. Research and adoption of innovative methods and technologies through interaction with international science and engineering communities, participation in international projects such as Open Source software projects, and participation in international conferences complements your innovative and challenging area of responsibility.
This position is available with multiple vacancies and open for graduates and professionals (senior level requires 2 - 3 years of experience). The DISA team is a cross-functional and international team and welcomes top candidates of any background.
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a comparable qualification.
- Substantial professional experience in computer science with proficient knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Solid mathematical background with proficiency in data analytics and machine learning and experience with the respective tools (Matlab, R, or Python).
- Expert skills in one or more of the following programming languages: C++, Java, Scala (Akka), or Python.
- Knowledge of parallel or distributed systems and algorithms with experience in respective technologies for parallel processing (Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Flink, Samza, or Hive) and distributed data stores and messaging solutions (HDFS, Cassandra, HBase, Redis, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, or Kafka) is an advantage.
- Experience with containerization and cloud technologies and respective tools (AWS, OpenStack, or Docker Swarm), configuration management and automation (Docker, Puppet, Chef, or Ansible), development operations and CI/CD systems (Git, Gerrit, or Jenkins), as well as system and network administration and security in Unix/Linux-based systems.
- Teamwork and communication skills as well as joy in independent working.
- Affinity for the new technology and mobility of the future.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.Link: https://www.bmwgroup.com/en/careers.html