The BMW Car IT GmbH is a software R&D unit of the BMW Group and offers a position as Systems and Data Engineer (f/m) in our Data-Intensive Software and Analytics (DISA) team in Munich.
In this role, you will support our DISA team in research and pre-development in the field of scalable systems and data science. The team’s mission is to find optimal solutions to data-intensive problems of our future products, services, and data-driven in-house processes in close collaboration with internal customers and partners across all units of the BMW Group. As part of the team, you will develop concepts and prototypes that span the full stack of technologies ranging from development operations and systems engineering up to data analytics and machine learning. This includes research and innovation of methods and technologies in an open interaction with international communities from science and engineering through, e.g., Open Source software projects or international conferences. The focus of your daily work is on, but not limited to, the fields of systems and data engineering as well as development and data operations. Moreover, your projects and daily tasks strongly depend on your interests and enthusiasm to drive technology innovation.
The position is available with multiple vacancies and open for graduates and professionals (senior level requires minimum 2 years of relevant experience). The DISA team is a diverse and international team and welcomes top candidates of any age, gender, nationality, or background.
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in computer science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Solid background in computer science with proficient knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Excellent skills in one or more of the following languages: C++, C#, Java, Scala (Akka), Rust, Go, Swift or Python.
- High motivation to work independently and in a team to solve challenging problems with creativity and dedication, to develop top quality solutions, to discover and adopt new methods and technologies, and to take responsibility for technical decisions and project coordination.
- Knowledge of parallel or distributed systems and algorithms with experience in respective technologies for parallel processing such as, e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Flink, Samza, or Hive; and distributed data stores and messaging solutions such as, e.g., HDFS, Cassandra, HBase, Redis, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, or Kafka.
- Experience with containerization and cloud technologies and respective tools such as, e.g., AWS, Azure, OpenStack, or Docker Swarm; configuration management and automation with, e.g., Docker, Puppet, Chef, or Ansible; development operations and CI/CD systems such as, e.g., Git, Gerrit, Zuul, or Jenkins; as well as system and network administration and security in Unix/Linux-based systems.
- Solid mathematical background with proficiency in data analytics and machine learning and experience with respective tools such as, e.g., Matlab, R, or Python.
- Experience in and contribution to Open Source software, especially for the above-mentioned technologies, as well as a publication record in a related field is a great advantage.Link: https://www.bmwgroup.com/en/careers.html