Tamedia is the leading private media group in Switzerland. The digital platforms, daily and weekly newspapers and magazines of Tamedia offer overview, classification and selection. The company was founded in 1893 and employs a staff of approximately 3,400 in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg and Serbia. It has been traded at the Swiss stock exchange since 2000.
We decided for an “all in” approach to AWS, meaning that at Homegate all new services and features are built on AWS. Our 5 scrum teams are developing in a DevOps manner meaning that scrum teams work as independently as possible, especially regarding platform infrastructure, deployment and alarming.
The data team is one of the 5 scrum teams. This team builds up a fresh data pipeline which consumes data from various microservices (over publish/subscribe queues) and processes them so it can easily be consumed by Redshift or Machine Learning algorithms.
For this data team we are looking for an AWS Platform Engineer
AWS Platform Engineer with data focus (w/m) 80-100%
What we need from you:
We are a bunch of talented data engineers and data scientists who are looking for someone strong in platform matters such as Docker/Kubernetes, Infrastructure as code, CI/CD, etc.
What we need you to bring:
- You are familiar with AWS, their services and APIs
- You value Infrastructure as Code, Pipeline as Code and Continuous Delivery
- You either already have or want to develop strong presentation skills and the ability to adapt level and style to the audience
- You enjoy solving problems by pairing and collaboratively designing solutions on a whiteboard
- You have good knowhow in networking and have worked with data related technologies such as S3, Redshift and Apache Airflow
If this appeals to you but you are in doubt about how exactly your skills match our requirements: We value personality, ambition and an open mind. Don’t hesitate to get in touch and present your personal strengths to us.