Home24 is Europe’s largest online destination for home furniture and decor. Being a dynamic, fast-growing market leader, our goal is to consistently provide our customers with the best service and assortment.
Home24 is currently active in 8 countries in Europe and Latin America. We employ more than 1,000 people worldwide and are looking to expand our team with dedicated top talents and experts who are ready to grow with us. Our dynamic and international team works with great passion and enthusiasm towards a great goal: To revolutionize the Home & Living market.
Therefore we are looking for you from now on as:
Senior Data Engineer
We are building a Data Platform with a vision to create a Big Data and analytics platform from which services, teams and individuals company-wide can easily draw data providing actionable insight, whilst serving the purpose of a single source of truth. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer to join the team and work on building a robust platform leveraging cutting-edge infrastructure and tools that is scalable, accurate, governed, secured and coherent. You would be joining our talented team who are self-starters, driven, bold and who are excited about exploiting emerging technologies to enable our business to solve complex problems.
If you’re passionate about big data you’re looking for the opportunity to join a team where you can make a real difference and have impact on the continuous overall business success this could be the ideal role for you. This position is full-time and based in our great office in Berlin.
- Work with the product manager and other data engineers in building a highly scalable and performant data platform on AWS, a real-time event processing engine and message brokers
- Design, implement and maintain batch, near time and real-time data processing pipelines and analytical workflows
- Design and implement a common data warehouse
- Develop validation frameworks, proactive monitoring solutions to detect any abnormalities in a proactive manner
- Review your peers’ designs and code to ensure quality
- Document work done to enable knowledge sharing
- Proactively come up with suggestions on how the team can leverage new technologies and architectures to improve the data platform or new methodologies to improve the team performance.
- University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or a related area
- Minimum of 2 years working on projects using Scala and Spark
- Minimum of 2 years “hands-on” experience with big data platforms, frameworks and tools
- Solid Knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of Data Warehouse concepts and modelling
- A passion for emerging technologies
- Experience with AWS services
- Exposure to e-commerce is preferable
What we can offer you
- Become a part of a highly motivated team of technology professionals
- An open culture to learn, share new ideas, solve hard problems and demonstrate your creativity to make a real difference
- Opportunities for advancement, independence and the autonomy to take on responsibility
- Benefits as employee discount, team events, free fruit, drinks and more
If you are interested in being a part of an exciting success story, get in touch. Send us a copy of your resume and relevant credentials (including a copy of your diploma, etc.) as well as your expected salary and possible start date.