What does it mean to work with us? SUCCESS: Sixt is an IT company with a very large car pool. Our inhouse development team is the driving force behind the Sixt software which enables and optimizes the daily work of more than 6,000 employees in over 100 countries. We shape the future of mobility through innovation by using modern technologies! SPEED: Flat hierarchies and short decision paths enable us to be extremely dynamic and always one step ahead. OWNERSHIP: You take over responsibility. You build it, you run it. TEAM: We are more than 15 nationalities committed to the Sixt DNA. Participate in the daily business context, join our regular team events and enjoy IT talks, common conferences and spontaneous beergarden get-togethers.
Do what you love:
- You will be responsible for designing, implementing and operating our analytical data layer on the cloud.
- You are responsible for designing, implementing and operating end-to-end distributed systems on the cloud.
- You will be working on automating our event stream pipeline and data workload to a data layer that serves all analytical demands in the company.
- You will assist other engineers on designing the right data models to meet the requirements for both operational and analytical purposes.
- You will help the team to choose the right persistence technologies for different type of analytical workloads.
Come as you are:
- You have experience in a technology sophisticated environment such as building event pipelines, cloud-native applications, designing scalable persistence architectures with analytical focus- ideally in a startup dynamic setting?
- You have both strong technological focus and communication skills towards the business?
- You have experience in building applications by using serverless services like AWS Lambda? You have also worked with cloud-based big data solutions such as Redshift, Athena, BigQuery, AWS EMR, Glue?
- You have experience in production with both SQL- and NOSQL databases such as Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB or similar?
- You have experience in solving data integration challenges in batch and streaming oriented environments and you are not afraid of coding using either Java, Go, Ruby or Python?
In addition to the obligatory kicker, ping-pong table, driving simulators and project rooms, you will find coffee corners to try out and discuss constructive ideas. Our offices have different sizes, you will definitely find something according to your preferences. We follow no dresscode. As a member of the Sixt-Family you get attractive car rental and leasing offers as well as access to our large employee benefit portal where you find attractive offers for travelling, shopping and more. During breakfast, lunch and dinner our high-quality restaurant offers daily changing meat, fish and vegetarian dishes, as well as a salad bar and freshly-baked pizza. Our coffee lounge for meeting and relaxing is opened the whole day. Come as you are, and do what you love: Join our 300 IT colleagues and apply now (English or German preferred)!Link: https://www.sixt.jobs/en