Homegate is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Switzerland, with more than 8 million visits per month and more than 100’000 properties currently on offer. Our mission is to empower Switzerland’s decisions around real estate. We help people find their best place to live and support them throughout their journey. Do you want to become a part of a company with a strong mission and an open-minded work culture?
In our exciting engineering teams we have gathered talents from more than 20 countries, English is ourworkinglanguage. We are in the middle of a reengineering journey, targeting an event-driven serverless architecture in the AWS cloud.
Data Engineer (f/m) 80-100%
The platform team creates the core ecosystem for a self-service data lake. Our aim is to quickly and easily deliver frameworks, capabilities and tools which enable engineers, researchers and data scientists to gain insights into the Homegate data landscape.
You will be responsible for maintaining and extending our data lake and data pipelines to reliably deliver clean data. You will collaborate with various teams to deliver data and provide them with the framework and tools to effectively gain insights from data.
Your everyday work includes:
- Maintaining and extending our data lake and data pipelines
- Being part of an agile team consisting of data engineers
- Supporting the teams with your data engineering expertise
- Sharing your know-how and learning from others, mainly by pairing and reviewing each other’s code
Who you are
We are looking for engineers who are enthusiastic about data and building infrastructure. You are a team player who is proactive in collaborating with others and passionate about writing clean code and applying software engineering best practices (testing, CI/CD).
Ideally you will have the following skills:
- Proficient in Python
- Hands-on experience on the AWS platform (CloudFormation, IAM, Lambda, SNS, SQS, ECS)
- Exposure to AWS data services (S3, Glue, EMR, Athena, Kinesis)
- Strong experience in SQL
- Knowledge in distributed systems
- Understanding of ETL pipelines, ideally with Apache Spark
- Familiarity with container technologies
Please make sure that you have a valid work permit for either Switzerland or the EU.
- Flexible working hours and home office possibilities
- Personal development plan and yearly budget for educational courses, conferences etc.
- On-site canteen with plentiful selection of fresh food and healthy options
- Discounts in many surrounding shops and partner vendors like HP, Allianz, Sunrise, Starbucks, Shell and more
- Lots of team activities and regular hackathons