To revolutionize the future of transportation, one has to go one step further and set standards today. Smart technologies which are strongly taking over driving tasks and providing improved safety and comfort are already in place in our commercial vehicles today. But our vision is that “We make transportation smart”. So, we need visionary thinkers and creative developers as well as experts in the fields of data engineering, machine learning, artificial intelligence, sensor technology and software development to achieve this vision. If you want to leave an impact on the world, join us!
An exciting position has become available within Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles as a Data Engineer (f/m/d). You will be part of an experienced international team, working on developing data and AI products and services, with agile software development processes and standard design methods in the heart of Hanover. You will be working with large volumes of structured and unstructured data and gain significant experience throughout the complete stack: the entire way from collecting and managing data to building and operating data-driven and AI products. On top of that we are further developing and operating Volkswagen commercial vehicles’ Data Science platform SNOWPARK - based on a cutting-edge cloud services architecture – providing large scale analytics capabilities for our business and engineering departments.
- Work together with product managers, designers, data engineers and software developers to find new ways to leverage data and AI for improving our products and businesses
- Design and build scalable data processing pipelines for cleansing, transforming and analyzing real-world data
- Help us design and develop new innovative data and AI based smart mobility solutions for our customers
- Be a coder and responsible within a team of data engineers for the end-to-end development, testing, and operation of our data science platform
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
Skills & Experience
- B.S. or higher studies in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Solid knowledge in Python (and optionally Go)
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, and familiarity with modern Agile development methodologies; familiarity with test automation
- Familiarity with open source development workflow using GIT, Fork, Pull Requests, and branches
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL data stores (e.g. Elasticsearch, or MongoDB)
- Experience with big data/streaming technologies like Spark, Kafka and Hive
- Experience with building and orchestrating data pipelines (Jenkins, Terraform, Airflow)
- Experience with cloud computing services (e.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud) is preferred
- Experience with visualization and BI Tools (e.g. Kibana, Grafana, Tableau or Qlik) is advantageous
- Familiarity with container systems like Docker is advantageous
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements and transform them into data models
- Business fluent English
Reference number: E-4184⁄2019Link: https://karriere.volkswagen.de/