As a Data Engineer you will be working on our large scale analytical databases and the surrounding ingestion pipeline. Your job will involve constant feature development, performance improvements and assure platform stability. The mission of our analytics team is “data driven decisions at your fingertips”. You own and provide the system that all business decisions will be based on. Precision and high quality results are essential in this role.
You can expect an international team of Developers who are based in Hamburg. As part of our self-organizing Scrum teams you’d be structuring 2-weeks-sprints following iterative methods. Our team sizes vary between 4 and 7 Engineers. We are a flat organization with a hands-off management style in which you are an independent and trusted contributor.
- Design, develop, deliver and operate scalable, high-performance, real-time data processing software. You will be exposed to the following technologies: Druid, Kubernetes, Kotlin, Spark, Flink, Hadoop, Kinesis, Kafka
- Maintain the current platform and shape it’s evolution by evaluating and selecting new technologies.
- Closely collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements and design new product features in a short feedback loop.
- Interact with Smaato’s UI/UX Engineers to visualize terabytes of data.
- Experience and passion to work with OLAP/MPP database systems.
- Hands-on experience with some of the following technologies: Druid, Kubernetes, Spark, Kafka, AWS-Stack, JVM based languages.
- Several years of experience in big data technologies and distributed systems.
- You enjoy operating your applications in production and strive to make on-calls obsolete.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.