The CFO (Chief Financial Officer) Community manages Covestro’s financial processes. It is also responsible for providing legal services and IT solutions to the company as a whole.
The open position is located in the department “Application Services” within the Service Unit IT, which is end-to-end responsible for the IT solutions and applications that reflect the business processes at Covestro. In particular, it covers the area Research & Development as well as the laboratories.
- In your new position you will be responsible for the design, implementation and operation of Data Models/Database Systems, Data Pipelines and the respective Data Services (API) on the AWS platform
- You will work closely with the Research & Development and Innovation departments to understand their use cases and requirements
- In collaboration with the Data Scientists in our organization you will create, develop and operate API’s to enable the productive usage of machine learning models
- You will implement rulesets and frameworks that have been developed by the Data Stewards in our organization
- In your new position you will work in an interdisciplinary team with Covestro colleagues as well as with nearshore and offshore teams
What you offer
- You have a university degree in computer science or a comparable education
- You have sound professional experience in the areas mentioned above and have a high expertise in Data Modeling, in Database Systems (e.g. ORACLE, MSSQL, postgreSQL , MariaDB) and very good SQL knowledge
- Other than that, you bring in practical programming skills in JAVA, Spring for the development of Microservices and RESTful API’s
- It is desirable If you would have proven knowledge in developing AWS Cloud based solutions
- You are also experienced in SCRUM as agile software implementation methodology and in CI/CD processes and the corresponding tool stack
- Sound knowledge of German and English, written and spoken, round off your profile