Join us as a (Senior) Data Engineer (f/m/d) in our Analytics Team on a shared journey that matters!
Behind the scenes of our well-known vehicles, MOIA GmbH develops the technical products underlying MOIA. Our team of more than 200 employees develops an on-demand ridesharing service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
The enthusiasm we have is obvious. We love our cities, we love living in them and we love staying in motion with it. Simultaneously, we aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.
About your team
The Analytics team enables all teams at MOIA who want to work in a data-driven way. We operate services and build data products which are used to gain a deeper understanding of our product. We support each other through sharing best practices, knowledge, and experience.
What you will do
- You will build and automate ETL jobs and real-time streaming applications, which are crucial for our business decisions
- You will connect a wide variety of data sources using AWS technologies
- You will ensure stable and consistent data delivery for business critical data-driven applications and continuously improve our data pipelines
- You will build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- You will interface with Engineers, Product Managers and Product Analysts to understand product goals and data needs
What will help you to fulfil your role
You are comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, love solving problems, eager to share your knowledge, are excited to work in high-performance teams, and can thrive in a startup culture.
- Work experience as a Data Engineer, DevOps / DataOps Engineer or Backend Engineer
- Experience with Python or JVM languages and SQL
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, Containerized Applications (Docker) and AWS services (or the equivalent in Azure / GCP )
- Experience with setting up CI/CD pipelines to automate data workflows
- You have an understanding of data processing frameworks like Apache Spark or Pandas, orchestration (e.g. Airflow) and modern DWH technologies (e.g. AWS Redshift/Snowflake/BigQuery)
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English are a must
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role yet. We embrace individual growth at MOIA and are ready to invest into training for missing skills.Link: https://www.moia.io/de/jobs/