This is a key role within our Data & Analytics team and gives you the opportunity to build a world-class Data Landscape for Scout24. This is ideal for someone with strong focus on cloud-based data technologies, good service and DataOps orientation, and loves to build data-driven business. You will be involved in working with huge amount of data, cutting-edge technologies and working with some of the most influential and impactful data projects in Germany. Help us shaping and steering data drivenness within Scout24 by utilizing the transformative power of data technology.
What we need from you:
- Implement and maintain a company-wide data lake and data platform with Python or Scala and based on Amazon Web Services.
- Provide self-developed tools and advice for data ingestion, storing, processing and analyzing Big Data.
- Model and develop resilient and performant data architectures and data processes based on Hadoop (Amazon EMR) or server-less infrastructure (AWS Lambda).
- Demonstrated affinity for coaching and consulting in an agile and data-driven company environment.
- Living Agile: Frequent development cycles, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, DataOps.
- Strong desire to learn about new trends and technologies.
What we need you to bring:
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Math or in a comparative field
- 2+ years work experience
- Business-proven and hands-on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive, Kafka)
- Experience in Python, Scala, R or SQL
- Know-how of Linux, Shell, and DevOps tools
- Solid experience in data modelling, resilient engineering
- You collaborate in diverse and visionary teams and settings.
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with complex software systems, MicroService architectures, MicroStrategy and in real-time processing.
- Practice in Clean Code, Test Driven Development or Pair Programming