The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 900,000 customers in 11 countries. In only 7 years on the market, we have grown to more than 220 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Around 1.100 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for a Data Engineer (m/f) to support our Business Intelligence unit. In this position, you will contribute with our BI Team in maintaining the existing data warehouse structure and reporting landscape as well as design and develop our new cloud-based DWH.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Setup of completely new, legacy-free, AWS cloud-based DWH and ETL
- Develop innovative BI and big-data solutions, covered by test automation, continuous integration, monitoring and alerting
- Take full responsibility for running and maintaining the new DWH as well as the legacy setup before its retirement
- Working closely together with our global teams across Marketing, CRM, Finance, Logistics and Tech, ensuring that the DWH remains aligned with business needs
You come with:
- Good academic credentials in the field of computer sciences, engineering, or similar
- Two or more years of experience in data warehousing and handling big amounts of data
- Several years of experience in coding and test automation. Python is a plus
- Experience with cloud-based ETL processes and data warehousing
- Ideally experience with Spark, Kafka, Hadoop stack, EMR, Snowflake, Vertica, Redshift, Docker, Airflow
- Enthusiasm for DevOps: we write it, we run it!
- Bravery to research, prototype and eventually run new technologies on production
- You are smart and quick with pragmatic problem-solving skills and focus on delivery
- You are nice to people and have a pro-active team player attitude
- Fluency in English
- Great opportunities for personal and professional growth with room for your own ideas
- A truly shaping BI position with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- A highly talented, dynamic, and international team
- Entrepreneurial experience in a well-financed, high-growth eCommerce company
Location: Munich / Warsaw
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.Link: https://www.westwing.de/career/