solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform enabling businesses to create custom solutions for their financial needs. The core of the company is a fast and modern technology which makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build. With a full EU banking license, we combine agile engineering with the regulatory expertise of a fully licensed bank.
By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC. solarisBank’s Blockchain Factory is bridging the gap between the Crypto Currency and FIAT world and believes in the infrastructure concept for Financial Services to enable the mass market adoption of Digital Assets. With a track record of successful cooperations we could show to solve real pain points in the market.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
Tech as a team together with Product are the agile heartbeat of the company and as engineers we collaborate end-2-end within the company to build great products for our partners and end customers. It is our pride to build state of the art, elegant, straight forward software and it is our professional ambition to deliver value in high quality as early as possible in a sustainable way. The products we deliver are resilient, scalable and performant.
The Risk Systems and Advanced Analytics Team provides the foundation for all data and analytics related tasks in the domain of risk management (e.g. financial risk, credit risk).
As a Data Scientist, you will work on the heartbeat of risk management and make sure that we are able to detect and manage risks efficiently.
The focus is within the following three topics:
- Push further the development and maintenance of the Risk Management Data-warehouse which is part of the overall Data Warehouse of the bank.
- Work together with the Rating Managers and Python Engineers to develop microservices for scoring & rating decisions as a person between tech and analytics
- Work together with Risk managers to automate manual processes by adding needed information into our data warehouse and also building reporting solutions so that we decrease manual errors and become an even more data-driven company. For this you will need to interview stakeholders, find out their pain points, analyze the available data and then build a data product which will make you their new best friend
Our technology stack includes) Python, Spark, Luigi, Metabase, R, AWS services (S3, Kinesis, EMR to name a few and is continuously evolving. Services at solarisBank are tested end-2-end, monitored, containerized and continuously deployed.
- You work in the Risk Systems and Advanced Analytics Team.
- You design and develop scalable services to automate manual processes.
- You proactively look for manual processes to automate.
- You help your peers to build data pipelines, data visualizations, and special purpose projects to automate complex manual processes and to feed our hungry risk managers with data.
- You optimize systems for performance and reliability and proactively pay attention to scalability, performance and availability of our systems.
- You take responsibility for the platform and shape its overall architecture.
- You take ownership of specific components and continuously work to improve them
- You challenge the status quo.
- As an experienced Developer, you are part of a team of ambitious engineers.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in Python (open-source projects definitely count)
- You have experience in:
- Dockerized microservices
- Stateless and stateful architectures
- Workflow engines (Luigi/Airflow) and ETL
- Ideally you also know:
- AWS Cloud services (S3, Kinesis, DynamoDB, EMR, …)
- Distributed systems technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Kafka
- Data visualization tools
- You have passion to create something from nothing and to shape your unit together with your peers
- You know what “move fast and break things” and what a hacker mindset means
- You always make sure your code is well-tested in an automated manner
- You love to automate repetitive tasks and value reproducibility
- Being a fan of open-source is a big plus
- You are fun to work with and you actively contribute to our company culture
- You have the strong will and ability to learn fast and you are able to explain complex matters to different audiences
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
- We are a tech company with a banking license and we change banking forever. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We’re a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It’s an exclusive combination you’ll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We’re growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.