Zalando is transforming from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into a multi-service platform for fashion. From logistics to big brands, to manufacturers - we’re building the platform that connects all people and parts of the fashion ecosystem.
Pricing & Forecasting is at the core of our commercial operation. Forecasting tools help to determine how much of each product to buy, to recommend the best prices, and to ensure that we have the right level of logistics capacity to fulfil customer demand. We use cutting edge Machine Learning technology to forecast demand and pricing with a focus on business and customer experience.
As the Engineering Lead for our Machine Learning products, you will find yourself on the forefront of technology, tackling complex research and engineering challenges.
- You deliver high quality forecasting products. You drive team mastery in world-class research and development techniques to deliver a stable, scalable production system.
- You develop roadmaps. You develop and execute mid- and long-term technical vision and architecture with your team while closely collaborating with other engineering managers to be in line with our overall tech strategy.
- Collaboration. You facilitate communication and decision-making between different engineering teams and stakeholders and act as a sparring partner to Product Owners.
- Impact. You develop your team members in all aspects related to software development and you help them solve technical challenges to their full potential.
- Growth. You attract, onboard and retain diverse top talent to your teams and cultivate a culture of ownership, autonomy, mastery, innovation and purpose.
- Engineering. You are hands-on with Python (preferred), Java, or Scala and have 5-10 years of industry experience in software development. You can deal with legacy systems and are able to plan new systems from scratch.
- Research. You know how to deal with the uncertainty in research activities and feel comfortable integrating them into the product delivery processes. You can balance the priorities of Engineering and Data Science to deliver a great product. A Master or PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Applied Math or related field will highly assist you.
- Leadership. You lead, coach and mentor software engineers and data scientists and have 2+ years of experience as a team lead working on large and complex products in an agile way.
- Stakeholder Management. You manage priorities and conflicts and you use your effective communication skills when dealing with internal business customers, partners, and other stakeholders.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY
- You have impact. Your contribution to our business critical forecasting products will have a broad visibility across the company and management levels.
- You can influence. Zalando’s dynamic structures and processes give you a huge opportunity to drive ideas and influence your working environment.
- We create career opportunities. Our tech departments are ever growing, offering various career opportunities for your future, whether you want to become a Principal Data Scientist, or step into a new role.
- We support your networking. You have the opportunity to attend and speak at related conferences and meetups, and encouragement to publish your work (open source commitment), we host game nights, +100 internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coderdojos, Hack weeks, parties and events.
- The Benefits. Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks and fruits, hardware of your choice.
WANT TO JOIN US? THEN GO AHEAD AND APPLY!
Please make sure your application is written in English. If you have any questions about our recruiting and hiring processes, or if you are not sure whether your qualifications and work experience is suffice, please contact your recruiter: email@example.comLink: https://jobs.zalando.com/