YOU SELL. WE DELIVER.
We are Seven Senders. Our product revolutionizes cross-border e-commerce in Europe. We enable online shops to ship to customers abroad 30% cheaper and twice as fast. In order to accomplish this task, we are managing the physical flow of goods and organize all required logistics processes. Technology is the key enabler of our business model, ranging from transport management systems, analytics for shipment processes to track and trace solutions for customer parcels.
The 7S Shipment Data Hub is an vital part of our architecture that connects with a multitude of carriers and aggregates, normalizes shipment data for further consumption and advanced intelligence.
Our microservice architecture is based on JHipster with Java 8, Spring 4 on Spring Boot, AWS SQS, MongoDB Atlas, Docker and AWS ECS amongst others.
In your role as engineering manager, your mission will be to lead the team to build out the data hub based on our quarterly goals.
You own technical direction and evolution as well as lead key initiatives for this exciting area.
In addition, you will both grow existing team members as well as hire additional engineers for your team moving forward.
You will report directly to the Head of Software Engineering.
- Operational teamlead experience (being directly responsible for 2-3 engineers at least)
- Good people skills and a passion for people development, coaching, conflict resolution etc
- Pragmatic drive with action bias and can-do attitude
- Good english communication skills both verbal and written (german is not required)
- Several years professional experience with Java and Spring
- Hands-on experience in developing REST-APIs in a microservices setup
- Hands-on experience running containers in production
- Passion for data-driven, data-heavy backend applications
- Good knowledge of SDLC and methods
- Experience in hiring engineers
- AWS experience
- Experience with MongoDB
- Take complete ownership of your teams performance as techlead and teamlead
- Ensure delivery of sprint goals and quarterly initiatives
- Hire, lead, motivate and coach your team members
- Contribute yourself actively to code at least 50%
- Lead technical initiatives when needed
- Drive technical roadmap and architecture for your area
- Improve individual and team engineering practices
- Partner with product management and other cross functional peers to develop smart solutions
- Collaborate closely with other engineering managers for cross-team projects
Why Seven Senders ?
- You will shape the infrastructure to deliver millions of parcels across europe
- A great product and a highly motivated and experienced team that wants to push boundaries
- Modern tech stack
- Rapidly growing, multi-national team with long-term prospects
- A lively startup atmosphere in the heart of Berlin (including kicker and rooftop terrace)
- Personal development and conferences budget
- Inhouse language courses for english and german
- Relocation support
- Free choice of hardware and OS
- Flexible working hours
- Other perks like free drinks, sweets, fruits, weekly tapas