SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As the cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. You’ll work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’ll be able to get more out of your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
Now it’s your turn to take the next step and help make the world Run Simple.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP Innovation Center Network is a strategic innovation entity within SAP, combining software engineering excellence with thought leadership and entrepreneurial spirit. Across various focus clusters and by building on strong teams, we pioneer game-changing solutions in close collaboration with startups, customers & partners in industry and research as well as with other SAP units. To ensure a successful go-to-market, we follow an end-to-end responsibility approach. By exploring unconventional ideas and developing inspiring proofs of concepts, we push the state-of-the-art in computer science and its applied fields to provide SAP with foresight into future trends.
As a (Senior) Cloud Developer for SAP Leonardo Machine Learning applications, you will work with an expert team in a startup-like environment focusing on building of new, cloud-based solutions as part of the SAP Leonardo Machine Learning portfolio. Your primary goal will be to build from ground up end to end machine learning solution. You are a self-starter, lean startup-minded, and born for life in fast paced environments. As an ideal candidate, you have built cloud-based data processing systems which scale vertically and horizontally to support millions of transactions per second. You will have the chance to work in a free-thinking environment with a single purpose – to delight and amaze our users.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
You will work very close together with a team of dedicated experts including frontend developers and architects with a single goal of designing beautiful and disruptive cloud-based machine learning solutions.
Your tasks include:
- Build our distributed, microservices-based data processing infrastructure
- Provide support for both batch-based and stream-based data processing
- Ensure responsiveness, scalability, and maintain sub-second end-to-end latency
- Focus on software fault-tolerance to compensate for inevitable outages in the cloud
- Closely communicate with front developers to achieve perfect separation of concerns
- Make and take full responsibility of strategic decisions regarding cloud software development
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Master’s degree or similar in operating/distributed systems or related field
- Proven track record in development of scalable cloud-based data processing systems
- Expert knowledge of cloud infrastructure services (OpenStack, Docker, Cloud Foundry, AWS ELB)
- Expert knowledge of database and streaming systems (Hadoop/Spark/Flink/Kafka/Redis/Cassandra)
- Expert knowledge of modern protocols and APIs (Protobufs/Thrift/REST/JSON/Cap’n Proto)
- Deep knowledge in integrating systems running in different environments
- Experience working in continuous delivery and continuous deployment enabled setups
- Experience in leading and driving software development projects
- Excellent English communication and language skills
- Experience with libraries, frameworks, and toolkits for multivariate testing
- Knowledge of cloud-related fault-tolerance issues and their system implications
- German communication and language skills
- At least 4 years of professional work experience with a compelling portfolio of running systems.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.Link: https://jobs.sap.com/