With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who enjoy learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based language learning. At Babbel, more than 600 team members from over 50 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for a strong SeniorData Engineer (full-time) to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Mitte, Germany. In your role, in the Data Engineering team you will evolve our existing data infrastructure and build data services that help build and sell next generation customer features.
Our data engineering team owns the infrastructure that makes the vast amount of data accessible, reliable and efficient to query, so our teams can make the best data-driven decisions. You will work closely with Analytics, Marketing, Product, Engineering and Finance to ensure they all can collect and action data.
- 5+ years professional experience designing, building, monitoring, or scaling data processing pipelines
- AWS experience (e.g. Lambda, Kinesis, Cloudformation, Aurora, EMR and Spark,…)
- A passion for staying on top of emerging data-processing technologies
- Engineering background, ideally experienced with medium to large sized cloud-based data systems
- Very good knowledge in SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with data modeling, data representation and API design
- Design, operate and scale the platform infrastructure and data products for your different internal customers
- Design, build, test and maintain data-processing pipelines with a mind toward accuracy, scalability, high performance and data quality
- Work in an diverse, agile environment.
- Investigate next generation data and analytics technologies to expand the capacity and performance of Babbels stack
- Take over responsibility in cross-functional projects that support data applications and reporting
Babbel is a great place to work, amongst many other things, you will enjoy:
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours in a vibrant international team from over 50 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene and great company benefits (company bike, fresh fruits & drinks, hackathons, music room etc.)
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth and have the freedom to publish open source projects (see on github)
- Participate in hack days, technology brown-bags
Sounds good? We are already looking forward hearing from you! Check out also our jobs page, our blog and our techblog and our engineering video to get an impression about #lifeatbabbel!Link: https://jobs.babbel.com/en/