What you will do
Here at Choco, we like to use the space shuttle as a metaphor for our engineering work. Now, you will join and help us bring the shuttle to the moon. Your big mission will be to support our operations in making the right decisions at the right time. You will do this by making our operations more data-driven and efficient, gathering and structuring data from internal and external data sources, structuring them and automating processes on the top.
You will work together with business analytics, market intelligence and product managers to help us define what and how to measure, provide support to build dashboards and put business analytics in place.
We want you to independently incept, define, plan and deliver data projects and collaborate with several teams effectively. For our KPIs and business metrics a big portion of our data is coming from our production databases (DynamoDB). You will be responsible to help BI teams to design their data model and to build efficient, scalable data pipelines with them. You will also have the opportunity to contribute in building our data platform and data tooling.
Essentially, you will build the bridge between operations and data platform, impacting business decisions and operational efficiency.
Our teach stack in Data Engineering
We have a cutting-edge environment and use AWS, Firehose, Athena, Airflow. Data engineering is done primarily with Python, SQL and Spark. Product analytics works with Segment and Amplitude. We create visualizations in Looker.
What you will need to have an impact with us
- Solid background in data engineering with a strong interest in the product side and analytics.
- Strong foundation in Python, SQL and a range of data tools. Spark shouldn’t be foreign to you.
- Familiarity with AWS stack, data infrastructure and previous experience in building data platforms is a great advantage. You can take care of the infrastructure if needed.
- The ability of taking ownership and independently delivering projects is essential.
- Strong communication skills combined with a product-savvy attitude.
- Good learning ability, open-mindedness and good self-organizational skills will be absolutely key to the success of your work and the business overall.
You will impress us even more if you have
- Experience at start-ups and already made growing products more data-driven
- Background in business intelligence, ETL and product analytics
- Experience with Salesforce or something similar