We are looking for Mid-level/Senior Data Engineers (f/m/d) to join our Logistics team to help us create a fast, reliable and transparent delivery experience. You will be developing services and algorithms that connect riders and vendors to millions of customers everyday. If you are a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Develop and maintain internal tools used by the department.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining a business-facing data warehouse that will support our company’s commitment to analytics and data-driven business philosophy.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining batch, near-time, and real-time data processing pipelines and analytical workflows.
- Communicating with different teams regarding coding consistency and data availability.
- ETL and data sync processes for cleaning and structuring data.
- Extracting data from various 3rd party tools and APIs.
- Write documentation for your scripts as well as for internal knowledge sharing.
- Proactively make suggestions on how the team can leverage new technologies and architectures to improve the performance of our data platform.
Your heroic skills:
You have a minimum of 5+ years of data engineering experience.
You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject or corresponding work experience.
You possess expert knowledge of SQL, good knowledge of BigQuery
You have at least 3 years of experience with Python (Scala is a bonus).
You are experienced with data pipeline and workflow management tools (knowledge of airflow is nice to have).
You possess a good knowledge of cloud infrastructure (AWS or Google Cloud Platform).
You have a passion for clean code (solid principles) and you are experienced with writing unit tests.
You are experienced with big data tools like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka would be a major bonus.
You possess creative problem-solving abilities and an eye for detail.
You are a team player, you love to think outside the box and you possess good English communication skills.
Nice to have
Knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes.
Knowledge of Infra as code (Terraform).
Knowledge of Linux platforms and scripting capabilities (bash).
Knowledge of Airflow.
Why Delivery Hero?
- Develop your skills with your educational budget for conferences and external trainings.
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers at regular meetups, in our active guilds and during our Global Developer Exchange Program.
- Join company parties, hackathons, cultural and sports events.
- Work in diverse teams with colleagues from across the globe in English.
- Save responsibly with our corporate pension scheme.
- Daily fruits, cereals, beverages, tea and coffee in our lounges.
- Learn German with free classes, access our e-learning platform and participate in our inhouse trainings.
- Enjoy massages, get your haircut in the office, join our free yoga classes or take a timeout in our nap room.