We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We redefine chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 16,000 colleagues now and together we will MAKE the world a brighter place.
Senior Data Engineer (m/f)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The newly founded Advanced Analytics department is tasked to tame the data generated within the Covestro group, utilizing machine learning and artificial intelligence for solving data use cases and providing expert advise on all these topics. Other tasks include establishing, running and mentoring the global Advanced Analytics community, harmonizing the distributed analytics activities within Covestro and establishing an outside network with research institutes and other corporates. This is your chance to experience start-up feeling and flair within an established corporate.
- In your new role, you will be responsible for identifying, defining, building and running data processing architectures and pipelines capable of handling and processing huge data sets from potentially heterogeneous data sources
- You will identify additional data sources to connect to the data pool for maximizing the value of the data pool in close collaboration with the Data Science Team
- Furthermore, you will define strategies and roadmaps for building our data processing architecture as well as the required processes for most efficiently utilizing the data processing architecture
- You will be responsible for legal clarifications with regards to data protection classifications and their impact on the feasibility to use external cloud service providers as well as the security of the data processing platform
- You will also ensure that data in the data pool is complete, available, valid, consistent, timely and secure in order to enable and speed up the work of the Data Science Team
- You will oversee and ensure that data dictionaries and data lineage descriptions are available for all data in the data pool and the employed data pipelines
- You will validate pipelines, data dictionaries and linage descriptions and actively coach less senior team members on data engineering topics, tools and frameworks
- You will perform exploratory data analysis for identifying relationships between various types of data from different domains, e.g. Production, R&D,Sales/ Marketing and Finance
WHO YOU ARE
- You hold a university degree (pref. Master or PhD) in computer science, computational engineering or scientific computing
- You have long-term experience in the data engineering domain in an international environment and with virtual teams
- You also have experience with tools like Hadoop, Kafka and Spark, with SQL and noSQL databases as well as with edge computing principles
- Furthermore, you are experienced with data pipelining/workflow tools like Azkaban, Luigi and Airflow and with programming/scripting languages like bash, perl, ruby, python and R
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and you are happy to work on a variety of different business problems
- You are a open-minded personality and an approachable Team Player (m/f)
- You are comfortable with working in a fluent, dynamic and fast-paced environment and a start-up opportunity in a large corporate excites you
- The ability to convince, explain and present to colleagues from different fields and different managerial levels up to CxO level is among your key competencies
- Fluent English skills, written and spoken, as well as willingness and ablity to travel internationally, round up your profile
We offer a competitive salary in an international environment as well as excellent opportunities for professional and personal development. If your background and personal experience fits this profile, please apply online via the Apply-button or at www.career.covestro.de, submitting a cover letter, your CV and references as well as your salary expectation. Please also indicate your availability/notice period.
First questions will be answered by Ms Isabell Ramrath Phone: +49 214 6009 8246.
Covestro welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of racial or ethnic origin, skin color, nationality, religion, philosophy, gender, age, disability, appearance or sexual identity. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Keywords: Vacancy, full-time, Leverkusen, data engineering, computer science.