An exciting task awaits you:
As a Data Engineer you will have the chance to become part of a fast-growing team in an early stage. You will improve and extend the current Data Platform in AWS that enables other teams to make data-based decisions based on that. You will also build Data Products in cross-functional teams together with Software Engineers and Data Scientists in order to automate operative processes backed up with intelligent algorithms which allow the company to grow in a scalable way. Thereby you will have to handle big and small datasets, structured and unstructured data and batch and streaming processes. Your tasks in detail:
- Improve and extend a scalable and cloud-based Data platform
- Develop resilient and performant data architectures in order to make life easier for the internal key users of our data
- Shape an AWS based distributed stream and batch processing solution
- Provide tools and advice for data ingestion, processing and analysis to empower our teams in gaining valuable Insights
- Ensure high flexibility by implementing Microservices in our architecture
- Overtake responsibility in your domain
- Living Agile: Frequent development cycles, Continuous Delivery and DevOps
What we are looking for:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong professional work experience with Big Data environment and in the cloud (e.g. Hadoop, AWS, EMR) as well as with Python, Java or Scala
- Deep understanding of approaches to data storage and different data architectures (RDMBS, NOSQL databases, OLAP), proficiency with SQL
- Experienced with Streaming Tools (e.g. Kinesis, Kafka)
- Familiarity in data integration with complex software systems and Microservice architectures
- Practice in Clean Code and Test Driven Development
- Ensuring long term strategic value of engineering solutions
- Logical and analytical thinking in combination with a high degree of data quality
- Communication and presentation skills
- Conscientious and autonomous working and being a team player, guiding other Engineers in using best practices for solution delivery
- Fluency in English, German is a plus
- Strong desire to learn about new trends and technologies
What makes Cluno a great place to work - our Guiding Principles:
- Think Big: We are a game changer in the mobility sector. We want to secure and expand our position as the leading provider of car subscriptions in Europe.
- Take Ownership: With us, every employee can have a real impact and assume responsibility. You’re not just writing Cluno’s success story, but your own too.
- Get it Done: Talking is silver, implementing is gold. We are perfectly positioned to do this: our Founder Team already have success under their belts. German and American investors have already invested USD 36 million in our company.
- Strive for Excellence: We employ more than 90 people from 20 different nations, all of whom are true professionals in their jobs. Everyone contributes their expertise and background. That brings us forward as a team and each of us individually every day.
- Focus on Experience: We want to have fun. We have a great atmosphere - and not only at our team events. The working environment also needs to be right for us: our office is centrally located in Munich on Leuchtenbergring and has a large roof terrace with a view of the Alps, where you can enjoy fruit and drinks for free. We also subsidize your MVV travel ticket, you get a prepaid Mastercard with a monthly balance to use as you please and an employee discount for our Cluno car subscription.
Eager to find out more?Then please send your application with your earliest possible start date and your salary expectations to Veronika Hotz. We look forward to welcoming you to our team!
Neumarkter Straße 28
Want to find out more?