At Zenjob we have a mission: We want to be the fastest way to access qualified staff in Germany.
Our last funding round of 27 million euros (May 2020) shows the trust our investors have in our mission.
As a disruptive HR-Tech company, we are revolutionizing the temporary employment market. We fill temporary job opportunities at attractive companies with pre-qualified students who welcome flexible work structures and digital processes: automated, simple, quick, and with an app. Founded in 2015 and now with more than 250 employees at various locations in Germany, we believe that the time of traditional job creation models is reaching an end, and that of intelligent technologies has come:
Netflix instead of television, Uber instead of a taxi, Airbnb instead of a hotel and Zenjob instead of classic job placement.
About the position:
As a Senior Data Engineer at Zenjob you will transform all of our business requirements into innovative Business Intelligence solutions, which effectively support our business. The focus of this role is data modeling for data warehousing. You are responsible for the development of the ETL code. Furthermore, you will deploy and monitor all data products including DWH, ETL Framework, and Data Streaming. We would like you to develop and deploy a Cloud based infrastructure (AWS) as a valid solution. If you would like to join a friendly team, with limitless potential and an open-minded future driven mindset, you are welcome to join.
To be successful in this position the most important thing is to live our values #humble, #honest, #helpful and #hungry. So we are looking for a data driven team player. We don’t hire on special tools, but here you will find what we are looking for from the skill side of view:
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and maintaining a full stack Data Warehouse solution (RDBMS).
- Studies in Computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in data modeling for analytical databases as a basis for BI visualization tools (e.g. Power BI, Metabase) is required.
- ETL / ELT (incl. PL/pgSQL, Python, Bash), agile working and Data Streaming experience (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis) are must-haves.
- S3 Data Lake, Stitch, AWS Glue, Kafka, Snowplow, Redshift.
- Experience in optimizing SQL queries for performance is a must.
- Reliability and consistency in your ability to deliver on commitments; meeting time-lines and anticipating business teams’ needs.
- Fluent in English.
Welcome, but not necessary:
- Database Development and Administration Knowledge based on open source technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL) is a plus.
- Proficiency in building real time data flows is a plus.
- German is a plus.
Your benefits at Zenjob:
- Work with helpful and passionate Zennies
- Open organisation where your voice and ideas will be truly heard
- Onboarding, which gives you detailed insights into all teams and prepares you for the start in our BI team
- A team that supports you from day one and always faces challenges with a smile
- 28 paid vacation days
- You will receive a training budget and can take part in mentoring programs as well as internal training and workshops
- Discounts for the in-house gym
- Free access to 6 education & well-being apps via Everphone
- A dog-friendly modern office in the center of Berlin
If this sounds good, then we’d love to hear from you
Please send us your CV and any other important documents.Link: http://www.zenjob.de/careers/