Smaato’s Data Science team is looking for a Senior Data Scientist who is experienced in building intelligent systems and cloud based machine learning solutions using a data volume that easily reaches a multi terabyte scale.
Why? Our cutting edge platform is processing an average of 20 billion inbound advertising queries per day. Each incoming request generates multiple outbound requests to our partners, which results into more than 12 terabytes of data running on our platform each day.
Processing this data, you will lead the building of statistical models that demonstrate data predictions to Smaato’s customers.
In addition to developing cloud-based solutions, you will (need to) collaborate closely with our talented software engineers to design the intelligent modules, integrate the implemented ML models into our systems and services built on AWS, and report on their performance to the Director, Data Engineering.
What You’ll Do
- Support the business and product stakeholders by developing machine learning algorithms
- Find yourself in a mentoring role to your team members
- Design, develop and deliver scalable, high-performance and real-time data processing and analysis software to pass automated acceptance tests
- Evaluate and select the right technologies to build scalable solutions for our clients in the Ad-Tech industry
- Solve complex problems by identifying and optimizing relevant KPIs from a multitude of data
- In our agile environment you will cooperate with the product management team and business stakeholders
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis using Databricks Notebooks
- We trust you to share responsibility for all team deliverables
What We’ll Need
- University degree in Mathematics or Statistics (MS/PhD preferred), further degree in Computer Science is of advantage
- 5+ years of work experience in the digital industry in statistics and AI developing productive machine learning-based solutions
- Deep understanding of data technologies and tools
- Vast experience handling Spark and cloud-based AWS services
- Experience in programming with Python, relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL, Postgres, and Vertica
- Familiarity with the online- or mobile advertising business counts as strong plus
- First experience in functionally mentoring team members desired
- Valid work permit for the German market