As a Senior Developer at CARFAX Europe you will be a part of an agile, cross-functional team that is responsible for the full lifecycle and operation of its product(s). You will develop tools and services for both our internal and external customers. Being a senior and having gained valuable experience in the past, you enable the team to establish and improve sustainable practices such as Test-Driven Development, Object-Oriented Design. You will strengthen your team by providing feedback and guidance in order to better achieve your goals together.
As a member of the Data Services team you will be responsible for CARFAX Europe’s inbound data process. We take in data from a multitude of sources in different formats and standardize it for use by our various products. You will be part of a team consisting of both software developers and data analysts. This is a challenging line of work focused on enabling our data analysts to understand and integrate our inbound data independently from software development. We don’t want you writing all the transformations, but instead provide the infrastructure and tools so that data can be processed in a predictable and highly scalable manner. You will have a direct impact not just on our existing data processing system, but on the long-term vision of modernizing the CARFAX Europe data processing platform.
What you should bring:
- Fluency in English is required. We are a culturally diverse English-speaking office and you should feel comfortable working in such an environment.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and SOLID principles.
- Experience with software architecture and system design. You should feel comfortable presenting and helping other teams to understand your vision.
- 5+ years of Experience with Python and/or Java.
- The ability to work and collaborate using Agile methodologies. We like to practice Pair Programming, and you should too!
- Experience writing self-verifying software using unit and integration testing. We practice Test-Driven Development.
What would be great:
- Experience with ETL tools such as Pentaho or Talend.
- MongoDB or other NoSql database experience.
- Relational database experience with MySql, MariaDB, or another similar platform.
- Development with RabbitMQ or another message queueing system.
- Production experience with containerization using Docker.
- Experience designing and implementing Web Services that follow the REST standard.
- You have supported highly available and scalable solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS) or another cloud provider. Even better if you used Terraform!
CARFAX Europe is the leading Vehicle History data company within the European market. We work with Vehicle History data focused on both Consumer and B2B products that improve the used car buying and selling experience. Currently we are around 20 IT professionals working in our headquarters in Munich, plus a few remote members. In total, we are a 50-person company made up of 19 different nationalities - so our company language is English! Most of the company is situated in Munich, with several colleagues located in Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands and Poland.Link: https://www.business.carfax.eu/career/