Develop cutting edge Machine Learning applications
Zalando is transforming from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into a multi-service platform for fashion. From logistics to big brands, to manufacturers - we’re building the platform that connects all people and parts of the fashion ecosystem.
Forecasting is at the core of our commercial operation. Forecasting tools help to determine how much of each product to buy, to recommend the best prices for these products, and to ensure that we have the right level of logistics capacity to fulfil customer demand. We use cutting edge Machine Learning technology to forecast demand and pricing with a focus on business and customer experience.
As a Backend Engineer, you’ll bring the engineering perspective into our cross-functional Data Science teams:
- You drive system design and Implementation. You apply your Python development skills to build production systems, RESTful APIs, micro services (AWS), and the infrastructure for big data processing. You will use latest tech stack (Presto, Kubernetes, airflow, NoSql) in day-to-day work. You’re responsible for the system design and architecture, considering dependencies, scalability, and performance. Experiences with ML related libraries (e.g. numpy, pandas, scikit-learn) and frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Spark) would be beneficial.
- You are comfortable with uncertainty in research. You know how to bring structure into explorative tasks and make appropriate technical trade-offs.
- You bring machine learning systems to production. You collaborate with Data Scientists to translate forecasting prototypes into production systems. You either already have a good understanding of machine learning or a curiosity and strong mathematical background to quickly become familiar with them.
- You set standards of engineering excellence. You will challenge our status quo, drive innovation and apply agile best practices. You design, develop, deploy, operate and improve software solutions, that your peers praise for its elegance and code readability. You push topics around code quality, reviews, test coverage.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY
- You have impact. Your contribution to our business critical forecasting products will have a broad visibility across the company and management levels.
- You can influence. Zalando’s dynamic structures and processes give you a huge opportunity to drive ideas and influence your working environment.
- We create career opportunities. Our tech departments are ever growing, offering various career opportunities for your future, whether you want to become an Expert Developer, or step into a new role.
- We support your networking. You have the opportunity to attend and speak at related conferences and meetups, and encouragement to publish your work (open source commitment), we host game nights, +100 internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coderdojos, Hack weeks, parties and events.
- The Benefits. Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks and fruits, hardware of your choice.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!
Please make sure your application is written in English. If you have any questions about our recruiting and hiring processes, or if you are not sure whether your qualifications and work experience is suffice, please contact your recruiter: Almog GreenbergLink: https://jobs.zalando.com/