What you will do:
- Design, develop, drive: Help us build state of the art data pipelines and processing flows for implementing machine learning models that support our core business.
- Use your brain (a lot): Use your experience, hands-on and can-do attitudes to solve complex problems in one of the most prolific engineering teams in the vast startup hub of Berlin (1600+ releases in 2017).
- Raise the bar: Your personal skill set and solid experience bring direct impact to our teams. By sharing your views and experiences, you will add value to our already culturally diverse environment which makes everyone of us better every day.
- Lead the pack: Small temporary project groups or new permanent teams get kicked off on regular basis. We always need leaders being ready to take over a business unit’s services or provide “POC and delivery” on untouched fields.
What you will learn:
- AUTO1 is disrupting the automotive industry. Most of the things we do have never been done before. Every day we are scaling and tuning the core platform and create tools to launch new green field applications.
- Cutting edge technology stacks and the drive to always think about the next thing to incorporate without getting bloated. We are using pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, scipy plus a bunch of custom developed packages. On the database side we have Amazon Redshift, MySQL, Spark, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- Ensuring the correct treatment of the data that feeds our development and production environments, making sure that the same data used for development is available at time of production is one of the biggest challenges for the role.
How you will progress:
- On the second day most new starters are ready to code
- Around two weeks later your first lines of code will most probably hit production
- In one month your impact to your team starts to become measurable
What you should bring:
- You are very smart and can understand complex problems swiftly
- You have a deep understanding of the inner workings of python and its major data structures. You are proficient with unit and functional testing. You are proficient in at least one SQL-based database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- You have a passionate opinion on how object oriented python code and applications should ideally look like, but you’re not too dogmatic to ignore every-day needs of a business