The Role and your Impact at TIER
- Within 1 month, you’ll
- Complete TIER’s company-wide onboarding program where you’ll get to know other new colleagues in your cohort, learn about the business and find out what we value at TIER.
- Get a comprehensize introduction to our infrastructure (Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, Kafka, Grafana) from your new teammates.
- Dive into Data Products engineering by pair-programming with your teammates in Python and learn how we are working in continuous cycles of Discovery and Delivery.
- Make your first commit to production!
- Within 3 months, you’ll
- Be comfortable with TIER’s tech stack and development patterns.
- Contribute to the design of backend microservices and APIs as well as infrastructure and deployment pipelines for ML models and algorithms. Build real-time integrations with other services leveraging Kafka and our Data Platform.
- Get to know the problems your Data Science colleagues are working on and understand the data sources - from Redshift to Kafka to external and internal APIs. Say hello to geospatial data!
- Ship your first feature - pact tests included!
- Within 6 months, you’ll
- Autonomously choose the best fitting technologies to scale existing services and build new ones from scratch.
- Have a visible impact on the ML production platform for the Data Products team and other teams.
- Grow from your first round of 360 feedback from teammates and colleagues you’ve been working with over the past 6 months.
- Be responsible for the planning, scoping, design, and implementation of new features - making the call for simple solutions over complex ones when necessary.
- Collaborate with engineering and product leaders to discover new products and set delivery goals with the business and user needs in mind.
You’ll fit great with these Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience developing microservices in AWS or GCP ecosystem
Get an Impression of the Team
- Machines are made for repetition, humans for problem-solving. The Data Products mission is to provide a dynamic, automated ML workflow enabling TIER Operations to locate and operate in high-performing areas, increasing availability to our customers and reducing under-utilization of vehicles. The problems we solve are complex, so a diverse set of minds and perspectives is important to us, as is an open and supportive team environment.
This may inspire you
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries.
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward.
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our ESOP Programme gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-mopeds.
- Check out our diversity and inclusivity initiatives and programs such as #WomenofTIER.
- Expect a first class company onboarding and Team Events with international colleagues from all over the World.
- Be part of one of the fastest growing and most funded startups in Europe with a world-class team of serial entrepreneurs (Co-founder of Rebuy, Takeaway, Coup) and high-performers (Ex BCG, Uber, Delivery Hero and more).