IMAGINE - What you will work on:
- Our Transportation Infrastructure Technologies Competence Unit (https://www.ait.ac.at/en/research-topics/road-condition-monitoring-assessments/ ) is at the forefront of technology development, for example on the subject of road condition assessment. Our fleet of measuring vehicles, like The RoadSTAR is a mobile laboratory that provides accurate and objective data on the condition of road surfaces (motorway surfaces).
- You will be part of an multidisciplinary expert team and you will be responsible for the development of the software for the measurement and monitoring systems and you will conduct in-depth data analyses.
ENGAGE - Your day-to-day work:
- You will work on software development and on new measuring configuration systems for building monitoring systems used in research: Sensor selection, systems configuration and system development, incl. measurement data acquisition, creation of automated evaluation algorithms, maintenance, adaptation and further development of existing software modules, aimed to communicate via hardware and sensors for continuous measurement systems.
ACHIEVE - Your contribution:
- Your software and hardware solutions prove themselves in practice and are successfully used both internally and externally by our customers in order to increase the reliability and safety of the transport infrastructure.
- Your enthusiasm for unconventional solutions, innovation and creativity enables the development of new software and hardware systems within the framework of research activities.
TECHNOLOGIES you will work with:
- Operating systems: Windows, Linux system administration and configuration management tools (e.g.: Puppet, Ansible,..)
- Programming languages: Python, numpy, scipy, pandas, C, C++, Make
- Configuration and Code Management (git)
- You hold a degree in technical studies (University/University of Applied Sciences, Informatics/Electrical Engineering/Telecommunications Engineering or a related field)
- Basic Knowledge and/or enthusiasm for electronics and communications engineering
- Knowledge and experience with programming of measurement systems, as well as maintenance and repair of malfunctions of measurement software and hardware
- Experience in Windows, Linux and Python
- Experience in the implementation of software projects