We are looking for Bioinformatician to join in the R & D bioinformatics team in Berlin. You will be responsible for developing new bioinformatics pipelines for SARS-CoV-2 and improving current algorithms.
Your tasks will be:
- Planning and developing bioinformatic tool chains and pipeline for SARS-CoV-2
- Processing and analyze sequencing data and investigate mutations of SARS-CoV-2 genomes to explore virus spread and variants circulating in Europe
- Maintenance of end-user software and web applications
- Close collaboration with NGS Lab and medical team; pro-actively driving further improvement to reach targets
- Assist in the standardization and management of SOPs for the R & D bioinformatics team
You have the following skills and qualifications:
- A doctorate degree or Master degree (with +2 years work experience in the field) in Bioinformatics, data science, computer science or related field
- Strong hands-on programing skills (Python, Perl, Unix, SQL, etc)
- Professional experience in computational science and data analysis
- Expertise in phylogenetics and/or viral evolution will be of added advantage
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, combined with good team spirit
- Ability to set priorities, meet timelines and company objectives.